You win some, you lose some

Harley couldn't sleep well that night. She had flashbacks from her life before Riverdale, nightmares preoccupying her dreams. She woke up a couple of times. She knew that this had to be done correctly, no mistakes, no slip us, no loose ends, she had to be careful. 

She, fully, awoke at around 5 am. She made herself a cup of coffee and went over the plan, in her head, once again. She knew that Jughead was too pure to actually end a living creature's life, even if it was Penny's. If they were to succeed, she needed to take matters into her own hands. 

The ringing of her phone, brought her back to reality. She glanced at the time, it was 8 am, already. She picked her phone up from the bed and looked at the caller ID.

"What's wrong Jug?" - she asked, once she answered.

"I have to be honest with you, Harley." - he whispered. That meant, FP was still at home. - "I'm scared to do this. I'm frightened, actually."

"I know you are," - she sighed. - "but you can't stop it now."

"I know that. But, what if I do end up hurting someone?"

"The only one who's going to get hurt tonight is Penny. None of your serpents will be put at risk, that's why they're going incognito."

"How can you always be so brave, dude? Like, what kind of a person are you?" - he chuckled.

"I'm not always brave, Juggie. I truly am being honest here. A lot of stuff scare the living shit out of me."

"Well, if that's the truth, you cope with everything way too well, then."

"I have to." - she sighed. - "That's what leaders do, that's what you're going to do." - she smiled, even tho she knew that he couldn't see her. - "You'll learn, it all takes practice, honey. Plus, you're an influencer. You're a great leader, your people trust you, that is the most important thing here. Sure, you may have your ups and downs, but in the long haul, you're amazing."

"Damn, that sure was some pep-talk." - he chuckled. - "How do you know so much about this kind of stuff? Did your dad teach you, or something?"

"Yeah, I guess you can say that." - she shrugged. - "Go, get some more rest. I'll call to wake you up in a couple of hours. You need to be fresh."

Jughead sighed. - "Whatever you say, chief." - he chuckled and hung up.

"Who was that?" - FP asked his son, once he opened the door to his room.

"Oh, just Harley." - he shrugged. - "We have this bio project. Dissecting frogs." - he lied.

"And you're scared to do that?" - FP laughed.

"You'd be surprised." - Jughead mumbled.

"How is she, by the way?" - FP leaned on the door. 

"Harley?" - Jughead asked and his dad nodded. - "She's good, why?"

"Haven't seen her around the Wyrm, or at Pop's either." - he said. - "I miss coming home and seeing you guys in here, as much as I miss coming home to a clean living room." - he chuckled.

"Yeah," - Jug laughed. - "she has been busy decorating her apartment." - he explained. 

"Her apartment, yeah. Is it big?" 

"Not really, but big enough for one person, I guess." - he shrugged. 

"And where is it located?" 

"End of the South, beginning of the Northside." - Jughead answered, his eyes furrowed. - "Why are you asking me all these questions about her, all of a sudden?"