To old friends

At the end of her gig, Harley walked off the stage and towards the bar to her friends.

"You killed it tonight." - Sweet Pea wrapped his arm around her.

"Thanks." - she smiled. - "I need a drink." - she chuckled.

"Well, let me get one for you." - a voice said behind her.

She turned around and froze in that very spot.

"You still like Martinis, right?" - the man grinned. - "One Martini for the mesmerizing Harley Novak."

"You know this clown, Harls?" - Sweet Pea asked.

Harley nodded slowly. - "Derek..." - she gulped.

"Damn right, Derek!" - he laughed.

"What are you doing here?!" - she asked.

Different feelings and emotions rushed through Harley's body at that moment. Surprise, anger, fear... She felt her blood boil, yet the chills that went up and down her spine, made all the hairs on her skin stand up, just like whenever you're cold.

"I'm here for a drink, among other things." - he smirked.

"How did you know I was here?" - she clenched her jaw.

"Well, your dear old friend, Trisha, happened to mention to me that she saw you in town earlier today." - he said, before he took a sip of his beer. - "Of course, I didn't believe her. You went into hiding and you were so damn good at it." - he laughed. - "And she mentioned the snake emblem on your jacket. So I said to myself - why not try my luck and see with my own two eyes?!"

"What's he talking about?" - Toni gently shoved Harley with her elbow.

"I-I ran into an old... friend from my hometown earlier." - Harley mumbled. - "How do you even know Trisha?!" - she asked, even tho she had a pretty good idea about what his answer might be and it scared her.

"You're not the only girl in town, who likes the bad boys, Harls." - Trisha walked over and leaned on Derek, as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"You.. you joined the gang?" - Harley chuckled, while shaking her head in disbelief. - "As I recall you were the one who was so against me doing so."

"People change, don't they? You should know that, since you left your old life behind."

"You always were a hypocrite." - Harley rolled her eyes. - "I didn't really have a choice." - Harley spat out.

"You could've faced us after you murdered my brother, you bitch." - Derek stepped towards her, but Sweet Pea put his hand on his shoulder.

"You really wanna try us, pal?" - he raised an eyebrow, as he looked down at the slightly shorter man.

"Is this your new boy toy?" - Derek looked at Sweet Pea and back at Harley. - "Watch out, man, she's lethal."

"Look here, you piece of shit." - Toni spoke up. - "You can't walk in here, uninvited and attack one of our own."

"What will you do about it peepsqueak?" - Trisha chuckled.

"You're on our territory, don't come here and start something you can't finish." - Fangs glared at them.

"You think a bunch of teenagers scare me?" - Derek chuckled.

"Serpents! We have trespassers in tonight!" - Jughead called out, without any hesitation. - "Not only are they unfriendly, but they're threatening our own!" - everyone turned around. - "Do we need to teach them a lesson?"

Derek, Trisha and their two companions stiffened.

"This isn't nearly over, Novak. Now that I know where you are, there is no hiding. No matter how much you change the way you look." - Derek snickered. - "Ultionem sanguinis." - he said and turned around to leave.