Black velvet

"What's the Serpent Dance?" - Harley asked, standing behind Sweet Pea.

"Harls.." - he looked up at her. - "I, uh... Nothing..." - he mumbled.

"It's what you gotta do, to join the Serpents." - one of the guys said.

Sweet Pea glared at him and the boy shifted further away from him, slightly scared of how the tall serpent might react.

"I thought you gotta learn the laws and retrieve a knife from a snake?" - Harley said, sitting next to Sweet Pea. - "At least that's what Jughead mentioned once."

"Yeah, but this one is like the most sexist thing the old serpents thought of." - a girl, with darker skin and lilac hair, rolled her brown eyes.

"What're you complaining about?" - a boy with bleached hair spoke up. - "At least you don't have to get beaten half to death, by your friends!"

"I'd rather be beaten up, than strip in front of old men!" - she hissed back at him. - "I just wish I joined after FP became king." - she mumbled.

"Why?" - Harley asked.

"Because," - she continued. - "he was the one who banned it."

"He didn't ban it." - another guy said, rolling his eyes.
might not have, but he gave us a choice!" - the girl slammed her fist on the table. - "He gave us equality! Something that didn't exist before."

"Can you stop romanticising him and everything he does, already?" - the boy glared at her. - "He doesn't even know you exist, Xio! There are so many boys who are head over heels for you and you're in love with a man that is old enough to be your father!" - he raised his voice and they started arguing.

"That's Troy and he's really into Xio." - Sweet Pea whispered to Harley, explaining the fight that was happening in front of them. - "But she's into FP."

"Really?" - Harley raised her eyebrows.

Sweet Pea nodded. - "Honestly, I don't blame her. I wish I look that good when I'm in my forties." - he shrugged.

Harley chuckled at his comment.

"You coming with us to the Wyrm tonight?" - he asked.

"Is that even a question, Pea?" - she smirked. - "Of course I am!" - she said and leaned her head on his shoulder.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful for Harley. After lunch, she had only two more classes left and she went home straight away.

As soon as she walked in her apartment, she took out her phone and dialled in her mother's number.

"Hey mum," - she smiled. - "how have you been?"

"Hello, sweetheart!" - her mother said over the phone. Even tho she couldn't see her, Harley could feel the grin that was spread across her mum's face. - "Oh, you have no idea how happy I am to hear your voice, baby! I miss you so much!"

"Awh, I miss you too, mum." - Harley sighed and sat down on the sofa.

"Well come back home, honey."

"I don't know mum, I kind of like it here."

"Don't tell me that you're permanently moving there..."

"I don't know..." - Harley shrugged.

"You really are you father's daughter."

Harley laughed. - "You know how much I dislike that saying. It's dumb."

"And it's also quite accurate." - her mother sighed. - "Man, I knew that I shouldn't have let you go there. Riverdale has its ways of taking the people I love away from me." - she mumbled and stayed quiet.