Chapter 2

*Luke’s POV* 

I don’t know why my first reaction to the presence of the paparazzi was to kiss Cleo. Just an impulse I suppose. I’ll admit I’m not gonna complain though. She may be smoking hot but to add to that she’s the best kisser I’ve ever come across. I didn’t want to make the kiss too long so I pulled back after a few seconds. 

“Wow...” Cleo shakily spoke. 

“Yeah... we should probably go back in,” I whispered against her lips. 

“No. I can’t go in there. Not with Ashton in there.” 

“Please just come back in. I’m sorry about him, he’s...” 

“A jerk?” she chimed in, making me chuckle. 

“Yeah you could say that,” I agreed. “He’s not usually like that. It’s just that for some reason he has a serious dislike for your music.” 

“I gathered.” 

“Come back in and you can sit next to me, away from Ashton’s sight so he won’t bother you. Please.” 

“Fine. But you’re paying,” she said jokingly. 

“Deal,” I nodded with a smile. 

We wandered back into the hotel’s restaurant and when Calum and Michael spotted me walking back with Cleo their eyes widened. They must have said something to Ashton because he turned his head as well and rolled his eyes. I sat down on my side of the booth, Cleo sliding in next to me, putting me in between her and Ashton for her own sake. 

“So are you folks ready to order now?” the same waiter that had been flirting with Cleo earlier came back to our table. 

“Can I have the apple salad with hazelnut crumb?” Cleo ordered. 

“Anything for the pretty lady,” the waiter flirted with her again. Did he seriously learn nothing last time? I put my arm around her while Ashton ordered, Cleo resting her head on my shoulder. 

“And for you sir?” he turned to me, only to find me with my lips against Cleo’s. What? I needed to show that flirty waiter that Cleo was mine, it wasn’t just an excuse to kiss her I swear... well maybe. “Sir?” 

“Huh?” I pulled away from Cleo to look up into the face of the uncomfortable waiter. 

“Would you like something to eat?” he asked me. 

“Yeah can I just get a slice of red velvet cake and a ham and cheese croissant.” 

“Alright then, I’m assuming you’re hitting the gym or something today if you’re eating all that,” the waiter laughed to himself. 

“I will have you know that-” 

“Luke don’t do this,” Cleo whispered in my ear. 

“You know what?” I turned to the waiter again. “I don’t need your opinion, I’m more than fit enough to eat what I want thank you very much.” And with that the waiter turned around and walked off. “I don’t like that guy.” 

“Obviously,” Cleo said, poking her tongue out at me. 

“Thanks,” I replied cheekily. 

“Anytime.” 

*** 

“Oh my gosh this cake is incredible,” I practically moaned. 

“That good huh?” Cleo wondered. 

“Here,” I piled some of the red velvet heaven onto my fork and fed it to her. 

“Holy shit that really is good,” she agreed.