Chapter 5

*Luke's POV* 

"What am I supposed to wear to this awards thingy?" Ashton wondered. 

"Clothes," Calum smartly answered. 

"Hah very funny," Ashton threw a bottle of water at Calum's head. 

The four of us were sitting in our hotel room trying to work out what we were going to wear to the MTV Video Music Awards in a couple of weeks. It was in LA and everyone was excited to go. Ashton and I had to take Cleo and Nova as our dates to the VMA's and Ashton was getting into a big huff about it. 

"I don't wanna do this!" he whined like a two-year old. 

"Oh my gosh get over it!!" Michael shouted in annoyance. "We get it you don't like her! Can we move on?" 

"Fuck you Michael," Ashton stuck his middle finger up at him. 

"Guys seriously? Cool it!" I ordered them. I wasn't in the mood for their bullshit. 

KNOCK KNOCK! 

I huffed and walked over to the door, hoping for any sort of distraction from these idiots. 

"Hey," I was greeted by a smiling Cleo, and a less enthusiastic Nova. 

"Oh great," Ashton said, not quietly. I sighed in contempt and rolled my eyes. 

"You alright?" Cleo asked me, a slight giggle to her question. I didn't reply but grabbed her chin between my thumb and index finger and kissed her hard. 

"These people are driving me nuts," I stated in annoyance. 

"Just as well I'm here to save you then," she said as she sauntered into the hotel room. 

Her and Nova sat down on one of the couches, us boys sitting on the bigger one. 

"We're on our way to a meeting with our designer and we were wondering what you boys were wearing for the VMA's?" Cleo asked the four of us. 

"Don't know don't care," Ashton stated, glaring at Nova before walking off. 

"Ok what's the deal there?" Calum asked Nova. 

"We went to high school together back in Sydney and we didn't really get along. I pulled pranks on him but he made it really easy to. He basically walked straight into them sometimes, like he already knew what was coming. He's so fucking stupid," she grumbled. "He's an idiot and he always has been. He always used to get mad at me for pranking him and yell at me which only made me want to do it more. My gosh I'm sick of this," she did the same as Ashton and walked off, except heading out the door and walking out of the hotel room. 

"Oh my gosh I'm so sick of hearing about this!" Cleo exclaimed, laying down on the couch. 

"So are we!" Michael exclaimed. 

"Anyways," she straightened up. "What are you wearing Luke?" 

"Umm I was thinking my black skinny jeans, black Vans, and my black top with my red and black flannel around my waist." 

"Ok... so did you wanna match or not? Jonathan recommended it last night at the meeting." 

"Yeah that sounds fine. Red and black?" 

"Sounds good," she nodded. "I better go find Nova," she said standing up. 

"Well thanks for coming," I got up too. 

"No worries. I'll text you about tonight yeah?" 

"Yeah. Hopefully you can make it." 

"I'll try my hardest. Especially after ditching you last night," she said sincerely. "Bye boys," she called out to Michael and Calum as I opened the door for her.