Chapter 9

╔══════════╗

Rose's PoV

╚══════════╝

I smiled as I stood at the edge of a patio, looking out over the view of New York. The clouds were beautiful, the air was cool but warm at the same time, a perfect 70 degrees.

And my entire family was here. Well not entire. Dom had told me I was an aunt to his son. Letty wouldn't tell me who was bringing him. She said that was a surprise. I looked down and nervously picked at a loose thread on my denim skinny jeans.

My stomach would flutter as I thought of who might be bringing him. Maybe it would be Brian and Mia? I miss them... I know I was the last one out of everyone to see them and their new baby girl but that doesn't mean I don't miss them.

Whenever anyone even mentions having to leave somewhere without my family I miss them. Even when they're standing next to me. I could hear Roman and Tej trying to decide who should be with Ramsey.

I turned and walked over, standing beside Ramsey and glancing at her with a smirk as I listened to Roman ramble on. "I get it. Y'all got a lot in common. Computer hacks, gods eye, heels nerd. Ya know." He said as he tapped his fingers while listening them off before looking up at her.

"-but we got a lot in common too! Right?" Roman quickly came back with whole Tej just looked at him. "Like what?" Roman shot him a glare before continuing. "We walk in the room, and we're oozing sex appeal. Me and you. Hip to hip! Is a problem."

I giggled and gently elbows Ramsey.

"I'm asking a real question right now." Roman said as he grinned. "Who's it gonna be? Revenge of the nerds?" He asked while pointing to Tej. "Or, the dark night."

I smirked and glanced at Ramsey, quickly snatching her wallet from her back pocket and looking over her I.d before slipping it back into her back pocket. Unnoticed.

"To be honest I like both of you." Ramsey said simply, smiling lightly. Both boys smiled and murmured to each other excitedly. "But just before we get into all of that." Ramsey quickly interrupted. "Let me ask you one question. What's your last name?"

Both men just stood there for a moment before glancing off in embarrassment, licking their lips and rubbing the back of their heads. "When you guys figure it out then I guess you guys can let me know," Ramsey said almost teasingly as we looked at each other before slowly walked off to grab something to drink.

I smiled as I grabbed a corona from the cooler and popped it open, taking a drink. I let out a soft sigh before looking over to se Mr.nobody and Little nobody. "Hey! Mr,nobody! Little! I didn't expect to see you guys here!" I said excitedly as I walked over and hugged them both.

After greetings were made Mr.nobody walked up to Luke. "Cypher's still on the loose, there's been some reports She's in Athens but she won't be nuking any cities anytime soon thanks to you guys." He said and smirked as he handed a box to Luke. I stood beside Sam, Luke's daughter as he set down his beer and took the box, opening it.

"You're names been cleared, full re-enlistment. You've got your job back." Mr.nobody said as Luke looked down to see a pistol and badge inside the box.

"That is? if you want it." Little nobody quickly added while smiling lightly.

Luke smirked, glancing from Little nobody then back to Mr.nobody before looking to his daughter.  "You know, after sixteen years. I figure it's fine for a little break."

"Daddy's staying home." Luke said and smiled brightly at Sam who grinned and pulled him into a hug. I smiled and softly patted Mr.nobody's shoulder. "Thank you for that."

He simply nodded. "No problem Rose." I smiled and hugged him for a moment before pulling away and walking over to the railing. I just stood there. Taking in the wonderful view and taking the occasional drink from the corona I had in my hand.

I felt a hand on my shoulder but didn't turn around. "Yeah Luke?" When I didn't get an answer my face scrunched in confusion and I turned around to see Deckard Shaw standing there with a small smirk on his face. "Miss me?"

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug as I buried my face into his neck. "You're an ass."

I heard him chuckle and I smiled lightly as I pulled away and gazed up into his beautiful brown eyes. "-and yes I did miss you." I admitted quietly in which he smirked at. I glanced over to see Dom begin to gather everyone to the table to say grace. In his arms was a baby. My nephew.

"I'm abandoning you for the baby!" I said quickly and pulled away from Deckard, practically sprinting to Dom. "Dom can I hold him?" I asked eagerly while grinning. He chuckled as he handed him to me. I grinned and held him for a moment before holding him on my hip. "You're never getting him back." I teased.

After a few minutes of holding my nephew I kissed his forehead and handed him back to Dom who just smiled at me. I flashed him a smile before looking over at Deckard who was leaning against the stone wall that surrounded the roof patio to keep anyone from falling.

I smiled and walked over to him. I grabbed my hand and interlaced my fingers with him before nodding towards the table. "Come join us." He smiled lightly and we walked to the table hand in hand. Letty only smirked lightly but sent Shaw a "hurt her and I'll break your face" look.

I smiled and sat down with Deckard and Dom stood up at the end of the table, all of us watching and listening to him.
"You've heard me say, that you never turn your back on family." He started off as he held his son in his arms. "-and I want to thank you all, for never turning your back on me." He said before looking at his son. "You wanna meet them? Alright." He said softly before his gaze returned to all of us at the table. "Everyone. Meet Brian."

I smiled as I felt Deckard's hand on my thigh. Dom sat down and said grace before we all started eating. I smiled and looked up, looking at everyone gathered around the table. My entire family is here. From Dom down to Little nobody.

I looked at Deckard and smiled lightly as he caught my gaze. I immediately looked away as I felt my cheeks heat up and a warm feeling explode across my chest.

Kinda like sparked embers