Chapter 10

I let out a soft sigh as I held the pregnancy tests in my hand. All three said positive as I stared down at them. I leaned against the counter in the bathroom me and Deckard shared in our house.

We had been together for almost two years and moved into a house of our own. Everyone had learned to expect him as my husband. But a kid of our own? This was a whole new level.

I continued to stare down at the tests, running a hand through my blonde curly hair before letting my hand drop and slap my thigh. I heard a light knock on the door of the bathroom before I heard Deckard's voice. "Hey love are you okay?"

I tossed them in the trash can and fumbled with the door knob before managing to open it and smiled lightly. "Hey deck, sorry about that." I said as quickly pecking his cheek.

I forced a small smile and let out a soft sigh. His soft smile dropped and his face hardened. "What's wrong?" He asked quickly without hesitation. I sighed, letting my smile drop as I shrugged. "I think I left cookies in the oven, I need to make sure they didn't burn. I realized that when I was in the bathroom." I said as I turned and started to walk towards the stairs that lead downstairs.

I felt a hands on my hips and I was pulled back against Deckard's body as he spun me around to face him, my hands on his chest. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked softly.

I smiled reassuringly as I slowly ran my hands up his chest, before I loosely wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "I okay." I whispered and stood on my tippy toes, kissing him.

I felt his arms tighten around my waist as he pulled me tighter against him. I smiled as our lips brushed together, but pulled away, leaving him hanging.

I glanced back at him to see his eyes narrowed though his lips were curled with a playful smirk.

I know I should run.

Before I could even start he had broke into a sprint, running towards me. His arms scooped me up and he tossed me on the bed before I could make it out the door, pinning me wrists beside my head. I glared up at him before breaking into a giggle fit. "Deck stop it."

He winked flirtatiously and I rolled my eyes, wiggling my wrists out of his hands and placed hands on his shoulders, flipping us over so I was straddling him. "You still aren't getting that kiss." I said while laughing.

"You little fox." He said as I gazed into his eyes before flopping down on top of him, making him groan and place his hands on my hips. I smiled and leaned down to cross myself over his chest, laying my chin on top of my arms as I looked at him with a smirk. As I was about to kiss him I heard the door bell ring.

I sighed and sat up, placing both my hands on his chest as I swung my leg back over him, hopping off of the bed and walking towards the door. "I'll get it." As I rounded the corner into the hall way, heading towards the stairs, I heard the mattress springs squeak a few times.

A clear sign Deck is following me. Like usual. He's so damn protective.

I could hear the light thud of his feet at the top of the staircase as I reached the bottom, walking through the living room and towards the door. As soon as I reached the door I opened it and smiled as I saw Luke. "Hey! How are~ why the fuck do you have a file?"

I glared at the file in his hands, knowing what it meant. Either Deckard would have to go off for work or Luke had to gather all of us for a job that would nearly get us killed. And I'm going. That means I can't tell them about me being pregnant. They would be short a team member and that would only make the job more dangerous.

Deckard opened the door wider since I was too lost in thought to do it myself and let Luke in. Luke sighed as he walked in and I closed the door behind him, flicking the lock on before facing him, raising an eyebrow for an explanation. "Rose I know you won't like it but we are getting the team together."

Fuck.

"Why?" I asked, glancing at Deckard who stood beside me. I don't like the idea of going anywhere even if it does mean protecting my family.

"We have had multiple sightings of Cypher in Australia."

I reached over and gripped onto Deckard's arm for support. No. The world seemed to spin and I stared at Luke with wide eyes before finally being able to speak. "What is she going now?"

Luke sighed as he flipped open the file, pulling out a page and hanging it to both me and Deckard. I quickly skimmed over the paper, blinking a few times as I tried to comprehend what I was reading.

"Cypher creates a device that implants itself onto the skin of your neck and can control anyone she wishes." Luke said while I continued to skim over the information. "Jeezus... all she has to do is get someone to slap this on right person and she could have all the control she needs."

I glanced up at Luke to see him nod in agreement. "Right. If she's smart enough and tags someone in the government she could've just become the king of our jungle." I sighed and looked back up at him. "Alright, where do I need to be?" I asked with hesitance. Im not sure if I'd be able to safely do this but I'll at least have to try.

"Mr.nobody will send you everything you need to know, you'll have to arrive at 4:30 sharp." Like quickly said while putting his hands on his hips, before adding. "Am."

I nodded and quickly hugged him, flashing a forced smile. "Alright I'll see you then. Bye." We all exchanges goodbyes before me and Deckard turned and walked up the stairs in silence.

Cyber's back, Im pregnant, and we ran out of coffee.

What the hell.