Chapter 13

Rose's Point of View

The plane ride to Australia was absolutely exhausting. Don't get me wrong, the islands we passed over were beautiful. Yet such a big plane carrying six cars? There was minimal cabin space.

Multiple times I had to quietly escape to the bathroom because morning sickness (not a smart name, it happens at any time of day it pleases), and my uneasy stomach from the pressure changes.

"Love, what's wrong?"
I snapped from my thoughts and looked up to see Deckard, walking towards me with a caring and concerned face. He'll be such a good father if we make it out of this alive.

I gave a small smile and loosely wrapped my arms around his neck when his arms smoothly looped around my waist. "Oh it's nothing. Just worried with this upcoming mission." I admitted and he gave an understanding nod and a half smirk. "I'm sure it'll be fine love."

I only hummed in response and he raised his eyebrows. "I also noticed you've been slipping off to the toilet often. Are you alright?" I began to inwardly panic, catching Dom's gaze from across the cabin before turning back to Deckard. "I'm fine, just had an uneasy stomach." I said easily and forced a small smile. Technically I wasn't lying. "It's nothing serious." Now I am.

He nodded and his lips quickly met my forehead for a brief second. "Alright love." I smiled and slowly moved from his arms towards the cars. "I'm gonna go make sure my car is good to go." I saw a small smirk twinge at the corner of Deckard's lips before I slipped through the doorway and into where the cars are.

I made my way towards the back and to mine, seeing Dom had beat me to it. "You know he's going to find out sooner or later." He rumbled and I rubbed the bridge of my nose with my index finger and thumb, leaning against the hood of my car. "I know—I know..." I sighed and picked up a wrench. "I just can't tell him because I'd be babied the entire trip."

I looked up to catch his hardened gaze before I rolled my eyes and popped open the hood. "No pun intended." I heard him let out a sigh and mumble something under his breath. "Rose." "Yes?" I answered without looking up. "Samantha look at me."

At the sound of my real name my heart pounded and I slammed down the wrench, looking up. "What?!" He looked surprised and I was too at the unusual snap but he seemed to brush it off. "Just please be careful." I picked up the wrench again and went back to tightening  a nut. "I will Dom." I closed the hood and tossed the wrench back into the tool box. "I'm sorry."

He chuckled and I looked up to see him shaking his head, a glint of amusement in his deep brown eyes. "I think we will have to be worried with your newfound temper." He said jokingly. I fought a grin for a moment before it won and I shook my head. "Haha very funny."

After a moment we headed back to the cabin where the others sat around, and the plane began to slowly descend. Feeling my stomach begin to churn again I sat down next to Deckard and his arm almost immediately snaked around my torso. I glanced at him and saw he had a small smirk as he brought his lips closer to my ear. "Love, you're cute when you're nervous."

I looked down to find myself subconsciously picking my nails and my face flushed, earning a small chuckle as he leaned to my ear once again. "—and you're gorgeous when you're flattered." My face burned and I carefully nudged him in the ribs with my elbow. "Stop it!"

I grabbed ahold of the armrests on either side of the seats, preparing for the landing that would come within only a few moments.

When the plane touched down with a jerk, I felt the bigger taste of vomit beginning to rise in the throat. I reluctantly swallowed it, locking gaze with Letty a moment before looking away. I want to tell her, but she'd send me back to the states.