Chapter 15

Hot breath on my neck wakes me and I feel the warmth of Deck's body pressed against my back. I look around and take in the surroundings, reminding myself we're in the back seat of his car. I slowly start to roll over and look at him, to see him peacefully sleeping.

I smile groggily and stretch my arms before picking up my phone from the floor board. Turning it over, I check the time to see it's 9:52. We are leaving to take the van and it's contents at 11.

I roll over and pull the thin blanket up to my check, snuggling up to Deck's chest. His arms circle around my waist again and he pulls me closer. Thinking he's still asleep, I close my eyes and rest my head against his chest, covered only by his thin black tee.

Just as I'm dozing off, his chest rumbles in a deep chuckle and I open my eyes to find him gazing tiredly at me. "Hello love." I smile softly before closing my eyes again. "Good night."

He rolled over onto his back, taking up the entire backseat. I sigh and roll over onto his chest, resting my chin on his chest. "You're too big." I mumble and poke his cheek before laying my head back down. "You're just small." He says, his hands wrapping around my waist. "Which is why I can do this."

I look at him in confusion for a moment before he lifts me into the air, seemingly with ease. I snorted, my stomach starting to twist itself. "Deckard put me down."

He only raised his eyebrows and grinned. "Why should I do that?" I rolled my eyes and reached forward to tap his nose, something I know he dislikes. He turns his face to the side and lifts me as high as his arms can go, disabling me from touching him. "Because this isn't fair."

I narrow my eyes at him and he only chuckles. I quickly roll to the side and fall on top of him, hearing him groan and his hands reach for his lower regions, where my elbow had planted itself.

My eyes widen and I roll into the floor board, sitting with my legs crossed and hands stuffed into the pockets of my hoodie. Deck's hoodie. He rolls to his side, eyes clenched shut and hands between his legs. Now it's my turn to raise my eyebrows at him. "I told you to put me down."

He sits up, giving me a cold side ways look. I smirk and sit back into the seat, poking his cheek. "Oh, don't give me the cold shoulder." He doesn't respond and I roll my eyes, laying across my lap. To no avail, He is still silent but doesn't push me off of his lap.

I sigh and roll my head to look up at him. "Love me." His eyes dart to me for a second before looking back out the window. I sit up and put my arms loosely around his shoulders. "Deck...." I look at him through my lashes, drawing out his name.

His hands move to wrap around me, pulling me closer. "That hurt." I grinned and pecked his cheek. "I know, sorry." He rolls his eye, the corners of his lips curling up in a faint smile as I caught his gaze. "You little fox."

I leaned against him, looking up at him. "You pain in the—." Though it was gentle, he pushed me back onto the seat, hovering over me. "You were saying, love?" He raised his eyebrows and I wiggled beneath him. "You're a pa—"

Before I could finish my sentence his lips captured mine in a hungry kiss. I roughly kissed back, gently biting his lip and hearing him groan. His lips worked there way from my cheek down to my neck where he began to suck. Throwing my head back, I gasped and bit my lip to silence myself.

Hearing a knock on the window, I pushed myself up and turned to look at the window, seeing Luke looking quite amused. He tapped the window again and I pushed Deck off of me, combing my fingers through my messy hair as I rolled down the window. "Come on, you can suck face later."

I rolled my eyes and sighed softly as I grabbed my shoes from the floorboard and slid them on. "I thought we weren't going til 11?" Letty walked up behind Luke, bending slightly to meet my gaze through the window. "We have some shit to establish."

I nod and pull the handle, propping the door open. "Deck are you coming?" I step out and stand, looking over my shoulder to see him nod as he got out of the car from the other side. "Of course Love."

I follow Letty and Luke into a large room with a map of the town projected onto the wall, certain roads having a green line through the middle, showing a route. Tej and Ramsey sat in front of the computer controlling the projection, growing impatient.

I lean up against the wall and cross my arms over my chest. Isn't this just fun. Mr.nobody walks in and I sigh softly, tilting my head from side to side and hearing a pop from both sides. Seeing a figure a few feet to my left, I turn to see Roman with his nose wrinkled and face twisted with disgust and shock. "Did you just break your neck?"

I grin and step away from the wall, twisting around and popping all up and down my back. I look back at Roman and he looks horrified, mouth slightly parted open. I step closer to him, popping a knuckle with each step I take. He slides away, pointing at me with wide eyes. "This is why Brian isn't here, your destroyed body!"

I laugh and return to my former position against the wall just as Mr.nobody walks in. "Whatcha got?" He nods. "Straight to business, I like it." I nod back and he walks up behind Tej and Ramsey, grabbing that damn clicker from beside the computer. "So I've got new news on Travis's whereabouts."

My eyebrows instantly shot up and I ignored the deep pang of concern and fear in my stomach as I fully direct my attention to the screen where a few pictures of Travis carrying a black brief case and another from the shoulders up of him on the phone. His eyes look empty and lifeless, the flares of his fiery attitude and personality. In all of the photos he's wearing a charcoal grey trench coat that comes up to the nape of his neck. I look to  Mr. Nobody who's doing his best to hide his pain and despair. "So where is he?"

Mr.Nobody frowns as he stares at the click in his hand, pressing the button but refusing to drag his eyes to the image on screen. "Australia. He was seen with a few people Cypher works with, and even once with herself." I drag my eyes away from the screen and sigh softly. "He was chipped wasn't he?"

He nods and I gaze at him, doing my best to keep nausea from getting to me. I wish I could retire from all of this. "Then maybe there is a way it can be removed or destroyed," I say and take the file off of the counter top, opening it to read on the 'bug.' "It taps into the nervous system right?" I ask rhetorically, staring down at the paper before I turn to face Ramsey. "Could we send some kind of charge through the nervous system and kill it without brain damage?"

She messes with a lock of her curly hair and slowly nods before looking up, her eyes brightening. "An EMP, it would definitely fry it from the main frame without any damage to him," I grin and let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding. "That's great! What can we build to do that?"

I hear Roman mumble something and turn on my heel to look at him, raising my eyebrows. "A parole anklet," He says more clearly and Tej stands, briskly walking over to look over my shoulder, peering at the file. "It could easily be reverse wired to send a signal, but attach it to the wrist."

I look between Ramsey and Tej, my insides swelling with hope. "Can you build it?" They look between each other and Tej shrugs before smiling smugly and turning back to e. "What cant we."

"Grab what you need and throw it together, we have an hour." Dom says loudly and I glance at him over my shoulder. "Are the cars fueled?" He nods and I smile. "Then lets hurry and find Roman a diaper." I turn towards him and grin teasingly at him.

His eyes narrow. "Hey, not funny."

I grin and shrug, jokingly punching his shoulder before walking towards the break room. I look back to see him holding his shoulder. "I'm not the piss who had to have his car drug off the plane."

........................................................................................................................

Oof hey guys, I'm so sorry I've been dead. I had lost my entire plan for this book and finally found it! Wahoo we're back in business baby! Love u and sorry for the horrendous wait, plz check out some of my other books while you wait! <3