Chapter 21

[Rose's Point of View]

I've been stuck here for three days in total. That's what Rikki told me. The more I've talked to him and found i really can trust him, the easier its been to stay sane and level headed. He's not a bad kid, and it wasn't his choice to work with Cypher. He says it was either he work for her or kill his family, and he chose to take the burden. 

He should be here any minute to bring me dinner. I get two meals a day, and they aren't very big, but i'm just glad i'm getting this much. I don't know what Cypher plans on doing with me, but I doubt it'll be good. I don't wanna end up like Elena. 

Hearing a click and seeing something slide underneath the door, i get to my feet and walk over to the small object. A small screw driver. I pick it up and turn it over, reading a small message on the side of the handle. Run. It's time. 

Hurrying to the door, I start to pry at the edge of the door handle and a small pocket starts to form. Maybe the cell isn't as strong after all. Sliding the tip of the screwdriver through the space and felt around with it until i found the lock. Working it back, i hear a click and the door creaks open. 

I take the screwdriver out and turn it around, holding it like a knife. If I half to then I can use it to fight my way out. I push the door the rest of the way open and give a glance down both sides of the hallway, before deciding to trust my instincts and run right. 

I sprint down the hallway, ignoring the ache in my feet and all throughout my legs. I come to a small room with a few people in it, and they stare at me in confusion before one springs at me. I jab him in the stomach with the screwdriver and shove him into another man before he can reach me. Sprinting down another hallway, i can faintly smell diesel and push myself further and faster. 

I shove open a door and find a parking garage full of cars, rushing towards one of the cars. I can hear yelling from inside the building and start to pull back my fist, when a hand wraps around my wrist from behind. I throw my body back, hearing the person grunt and let go. 

"That was unnecessary,"

Chills shoot up my spine and i turn to see Rikki, holding car keys in his hand. He rolls the shoulder i'd primarily hit and holds out the car keys. "I'm not gonna let you smash the window,"

I reach out, carefully taking the car keys from him and unlocking the car. "Lets go, we can both get out of here," 

"No," he shakes his head, drawing his pistol and turning towards the door I'd came from. "Take care of yourself and tell Shaw i said hi." He flashes a small, sad smile before advancing towards the door, cocking his head and beginning to fire at men as they come out. 

I start up the car and take off towards the exit, quickly heading up the ramp and out onto a dirt road. I shift gears and press down further on the gas pedal, looking around for any street names or clue as to where i might be. I hear a buzzing from the glove box and reach for it, opening it to find a phone. My phone. How the fuck did he manage that?

I grab it and turn it over to see an unknown number calling. I answer and put the phone on speaker, letting it sit in my lap. "Hello?"

"How does it feel that you've killed your little friend?" Cypher asks coldly, and i can hear the clack of her heels on concrete. 

I can feel guilt tugging at my gut, but i swallow it down. She doesn't get the satisfaction of thinking she can manipulate my feelings or make me feel bad. "That was his choice," 

"You are as tough as Dom said," She lets out a light chuckle, but i hang up before she can say anything else. If i have to listen to her any longer than i might throw my phone out the window. 

I start to dial Deckard before the battery icon blinks at me and the phone screen goes dark. "Damn," I toss the phone into my lap and open the center console, using my knee to steady the steering wheel. I plug my phone in and grasp the steering wheel again. The road quickly goes from Dirt to Concrete, and i take that as a good sign I'm near some sort of city. 

I look in the rear view mirror, temporarily turning it so I can see my face. There are bags under my eyes and there's a cut between my hairline and temple. My hair is a mess too. I definitely don't look good. I sigh, doing my best to untangle my hair with my fingers and clean dried blood from my face. 

My phone lights up in my lap, and I see a message pop up, dating back to the day of the crash. 

Deck: hey love are you alright?
Deck: Love you

My chest hurts and i sigh softly. It dates back to a few minutes before the crash, if i remember correctly. Above them it days i have a missed call from Deck. I tap the banner and put my phone on speaker. It hardly gets half a ring before he picks up. "Hello?" 

His voice makes my chest hurt a little more. He sounds so urgent and stressed. I struggle to find words, my stomach twisting with nerves. "Deck, its me," My voice cracks and i can feel tears starting to form. I shouldn't even be in Australia. I should be back home. Me and the baby would be safe and I wouldn't have put such a burden on everybody?" 

"Rose? Honey, where are you?" He asks hurriedly, and I can hear him running. 

I glance in the rear view mirror, seeing headlights behind me and instantly punch the gas again. "i dont know, but i need to get off the phone now. just know i'm okay and im on my way," 

He's silent for a few seconds, before sighing softly. "I love you and be safe," s

"I love you too, and i will," I say softly before I hang up and toss my phone into the drivers seat. The drive back t them isn't going to be very pretty. 

-----------------------------------------

Wooo we got the bust out but rip to Rikki. Only a chapter and a half old. I had planned on doing more with him but im trying to get this book finished, so we probably don't have very many chapters left. Maybe six at most. Anyways, PLEASE drop your ideas, cause im running incredibly low on inspiration and if it isn't fueled idk how its gonna get finished. Ive been putting off this book for far too long. 

m just not very passionate about Deck or this story, and i wrote it when i was really young so i'm not at all happy with the writing or plot line. I would've done a lot of things different and i'm ready to get this stress out of my head and the way of projects i've had planned for months. So basically, i'm sorry if this book doesn't leave you satisfied or leaves a bad taste in your mouth, i'm really trying. Mental health hasn't been the best either. 

Stay safe with this virus shit going on, and i love ya'll.