Chapter 16

[ Rose's Point of View ]

I walk to the break room, my insides swelled with hope of saving Travis. Also with your child, my subconscious reminds me and I push the thought aside and walk to the coffee maker, grabbing a Styrofoam cup and a lid. I fill the cup with black coffee and add a considerable amount of creamer, not bothering to add any sugar.

I place the lid onto the cop and sigh softly, leaning against the table as I blow into the small opening in the lid, watching steam swirl and rise into the air as I do so. After this cup I can't have any more for another twenty-four hours, large amounts of caffeine isn't good for the baby.

My free hand subconsciously ghosts over my small baby bump. I don't know exactly how far along I am at this point, but most likely between six and eight weeks. I wrap both hands around the coffee cup and take a sip, ignoring the slight numb from the heat. Hearing footsteps, I look up to see Letty, her face serious and arms crossed.

"Does he know?" She promptly asked, voice low and firm as she walked closer. I lower the cup and thank my maker for the big hoodie. "Please clarify." I slightly furrow my brows at her and ignore as my gut twists with guilt. I hate lying to them, but its for the best.

Her eyes slightly narrow, sparked with irritation as she stands up straighter, standing now right in front of me. "Samantha, your not bullshiting me." Letty always look intimidating when she's even slightly irritated, I'd hate to see her truly angry. "I know you're pregnant."

Oh shit,

Tears start to build and I am filled with sudden confusion. I know I'm stressed but I've been way more stressed than this and I'm crying? "Letty I--" I suddenly gasp for air, not knowing I stopped breathing. "I'm so sorry,"

"Does anyone know?" She asks quickly and I look down, trying to even my breaths and calm myself down. I nod and notice her eyes seem softer than before. "Dom?" She asks, voice stronger. I nod again and she lets out a heavy sigh. "Okay."

I hear multiple loud crashes from the main room and the sound of glass shattering. Rushing towards the main room, I can see a figure standing in the middle of the room, a gun to the back of Mr. Nobody's head. Everyone stands eerily still and i lighten my footsteps. Across the room I make eye contact with Deckard and his eyes dart around the room as if looking for some other solution.

I hold my hand up to motion to Letty to stand still before slowly walking forward, keeping my footsteps light and my breaths quiet. I make eye contact with Luke and make a talking motion to him, to which he quickly blinks twice, an equivalent to a nod before looking to the figure. "You don't want to do this."

The figure doesn't say anything and by now I'm only a few feet away. "We have more people than you think and he," Luke nods to Mr. Nobody, "Doesn't know the half of it. He doesn't know what we know."

He starts to turn around and I lunge, wrapping my arms around his head and neck in a head lock, kicking my foot towards the gun until it drops from his hand, his hands flying to my arm wrapped around his throat. He starts to bend over and reach for the gun but Deckard flings into action and dives for the gun, throwing it across the room and into Luke's grasp.

The collar of the trench coat the figure wears folds down and i recognize him as Travis, eyes dull empty and lifeless. The only readable emotion is anger, and too much of it to be our Travis. One of his arms stops to claw at the arm I have wrapped around his neck and he throws his arm at me, successfully elbowing me hard enough in the side that I cry out. "Dom!"

Dom rushes forwards and pulls his fist behind his head, nailing Travis in the jaw. His body goes limp and he starts to fall towards the ground before I can find my footing or at least let go. His body hits the floor and I let go, pushing myself away and scrambling to my feet. Panic starts to flood throughout my body as I look around before seeing a trail of blood across the floor.

My heart drops into my gut as I see the maroon stain on my pants but, as sadistic as it sounds, when i see Mr. Nobody sitting on the floor with his hand wrapped around his bloody shoulder relief floods through me but is quickly replaced by a new fear. "Mr. Nobody?"

He gives a weak, grim smile as he starts to push himself towards his feet. "Better than the head right?" I sigh and look around, before finding a clean rag on a nearby table. I snatch it up and carefully move Mr.Nobody's hand, pressing it to the wound. He lets out a small hiss before pursing his lips, eyes fixating behind me. I follow his gaze to Travis before looking at Luke. "Can you restrain him?" He nods and I turn back to Mr. Nobody, "Hold this while i look for a medic."

I can hear my own heart pounding as I turn, walk out of the room, and make my way down one of the long winding hallways. I don't make it far before hearing brisk footsteps from behind me. I turn and throw my hands up in fists, ready to take a swing but find Deckard. "Love, its just me." He says softly and takes my hands into his own.

I sigh and let out a sigh before pull him into a hug, nestling my head into the crook of his neck. "Are you okay? You took a pretty nasty jab." He says softly and I give a small nod before feeling him begin to mess with my hair. "Do you need somebody to look at it?" He asks and i shake my head again. "No, I just want to hug right now?"

Deckard nods before I feel his lips meet the top of my head in a quick kiss before his chin rests on top of my head. "I love you," I murmur and can feel him continue to play with my hair. "I love you too." I sigh and lift my head, slowly pulling myself fro his arms. "We need to go find a medic."

He nods and I quickly press my lips to his forehead, before walking beside him down the hallway.