Chapter 1

AN: A new Lashton story. This I thought of right when I was about to fall asleep. I hope you guys enjoy it (:

BTW this'll take place in America.

*Ashton's POV*

Tonight I'll be targeting the jewelry shop called Tiffany's.

Oh, how I'm looking forward to this.

It was already midnight, and there's no doubt in my mind that the jewelry shop is closed. I was crawling through the vents and then I came across an opening. I peered down and see that I was right above the store.

This is going to be sweet.

Obviously there were going to be some motion sensors around there, so before I drop down onto the ground I need to locate where my movement will be detected.

I removed the backpack that was hanging off my shoulder and pulled out a gas machine that'l reveal all the invisible lasers that will set off the alarm. I set that aside and then pulled out a screwdriver to remove the grate. Once I got the metal thing removed I pushed that away so I had full access to the store below.

I drew out a rope and a metal pole from my backpack. First I set up the stick so that it was pushing against the walls of the vents. I tugged at it to make sure it wouldn't slip.

Perfect.

I tied a knot around the pole, which was a bit tricky to do since I was wearing gloves. Then I pulled at the rope to make sure it would hold my weight as I lower myself down.

Okay, now I'm ready.

I pulled the ski mask that was hanging around my neck to cover my face before I poked my head from the vents. I looked around for any security cameras. There were a couple at a few corners, but it's not like they can see my face.

Then I grabbed the gas machine, held it in midair, and let the gas come out. It took up the entire store within a minute and I saw all of the red lasers.

Thankfully there weren't a lot, and what made it even better was that there weren't any lasers in the way where I'd lower myself.

Once the rope was hanging from the vents, I slowly brought myself down until I felt my feet touch the ground. So far no alarms have sounded.

Everything is going as planned.

I managed to make my way around the store without setting off the alarms. I examined all of the jewelry that was in display cases. The idiots who run this place aren't smart enough to keep the cases locked.

I found a silver pendant that had a turquoise gem in the middle. I smiled as I gazed at the beautiful thing.

This. This is the one I will steal.

I slowly removed the pendant from its display case, but then I must've triggered something, because the alarm went off.

Shit, I wasn't careful enough.

All of the lights turned on and I began running for the rope.

I haven't gotten caught before, and today will not be when I start.

I stuffed the jewelry into my pocket and climbed the rope as fast as I could. Once I was back into the safety of the vents I pulled the rope back up and screwed the grate back into place.

My heart was racing and I swear I was sweating. I pulled down the ski mask and wiped off the bead of sweat that came down my face. I looked down at the store and saw a bunch of red and blue lights, most likely from the cop cars that were outside. I smirked, because there's no way they can catch me.

I've already thought of the perfect escape plan.

I removed the pole from where it was stuck, wrapped the rope around it, and stuffed that into my backpack along with the gas machine. I threw on the ski mask again, slung my backpack over my shoulder, and began crawling my way out of the vents.

Once I was finally out of the building I stripped out of my black outfit. Underneath those clothes I was wearing an NBHD bro shirt along with black skinny jeans. I removed the ski mask and my black gloves and stuffed that into my backpack. I peered around the corner to see that there were now ten cop cars waiting outside of the shop.

"Show yourself!" shouted one of them through a megaphone. I chuckled lowly as I ran the opposite direction from them. There was a wall ahead, but I could easily get over that thing with a little bit of jumping skills I learned back in my younger years.

Once I had gotten over the wall, I brushed myself off before casually strolling out of the alleyway that I was in.

I've gotten away. Another successful robbery.

Of course, it wasn't big like my previous ones. I've robbed places plenty of times. Probably the biggest I've ever done was break into a museum and stole this very old vase that was believed to be the only object that wasn't destroyed during a very drastic time. I don't know anything about history, but I don't care. The vase was really pretty and I wanted it. I had to steal it.

So I did. Three months ago, in fact. And it is currently sitting in my living room. I was never caught.

Every single robbery I've done I was never caught and no one could figure out who I was. I'm not perfect at being a thief, but I can most certainly get away without leaving any traces behind for people to find me.

See, I've been stealing for as long as I could remember, but actually started going big two years ago. It isn't to make a living, oh no. I just loved to steal. It's very addicting to do, and I'm pretty skilled in that area.

Hm, well now that I think about it, I do steal for a living. I don't have a job and I dropped out of school in my Junior year, so it would've been very difficult for me to find one.

And since I love to steal, why not put it to use?

Before I started making stealing a thing my mom had been helping me out for one year, but then she suddenly just kicked me out of the house and cut me off. I never heard from her or anyone from my family ever again.

At the young age of eighteen I started living in an apartment that has really low rent, but at least it gives me a bed to sleep in. I'm now twenty and still doing what I've been doing for the last two years: robbing places and people.

I do realize that it is a bad thing, but I couldn't care less about that. I love the excitement that comes along with it.

Plus, I haven't gotten caught, and I know for sure that I will never be caught.

I walked past a store that sold televisions, and it was currently broadcasting news. I stopped by to see what the news were talking about, and I saw that it was talking about the place that I robbed from not too long ago.

"The jewelry shop, Tiffany's at thirty-sixth avenue and Parkway street, was just robbed," said the news reporter woman. "Police are surrounding the place and they believe that the thief is still inside."

Oh, they are very wrong about that.

"I am here with Chief Sterling," she continued, "and he has found something that he believes belongs to the thief." My eyes widened at that last bit.

Something that I left behind? What could I have left behind? I made sure that I've gotten everything.

I watched as Chief Sterling held up a plastic bag with my screwdriver in it.

Shit.

Oh, well. I was wearing gloves, so none of my fingerprints should be on it.

"Here in this bag we have a screwdriver, and we will take it back to HQ to see if we can get any fingerprints from it and find this thief."

"You won't find shit," I muttered under my breath, a smirk following after. I returned to walking, looking nonchalant as possible so nobody would find me suspicious.

Since I've perfectly completed my robbery for the night, I should treat myself to something good.

Time to go to the 7-Eleven at the corner street and have my nightly dose of a bag of oreos and checking out the cute blond boy who works there named Luke.