Chapter 11

AN: Whatever the pairing name for Cynthia and Michael is, I do not ship it.

*Luke's POV*

"Have fun at work!" I exclaimed to Calum as he groaned and walked into the 7-Eleven. He, Pamela, and I had walked to his place so he could change into his uniform. It was already nearing three, so then we walked Calum to the store.

Once Calum had disappeared through the door I turned to Pamela. "I guess it's just us now," I said, scooting closer to her.

"Yeah, no. It's just you," she said, pushing me slightly away. "I need to head home. My uncle came to rant about work and he needs a therapist, and that therapist being me."

I began to pout. "Aw, I can't go with you?"

"No. You know the rules of the house: unless it's a special event, you're not allowed to step foot inside."

"But being with you is already special enough." Pamela giggled, planting a kiss on my cheek. My frown curved into a smile. "What's your uncle's job? It seems like he's always stressed out from that."

"I don't even know, he won't tell me. He just complains how nothing ever goes right at work."

"Oh, I see. Well, I hope everything gets better for him in the future." Pamela nodded and I leaned towards her, closing my eyes and puckering my lips. I felt her soft lips press against mine for a brief second and I just kept smiling. I stood up straighter and saw Pamela was already leaving. "See you tomorrow, Pam?"

She turned around and smiled. "Definitely. I'll be at your door at ten tomorrow." I waved and she waved back before she looked straight ahead and walked off.

I leaned against the wall, shoving my hands into my pockets as I watched Pamela leave. Once she was out of sight I fixed my quiff and peered into the 7-Eleven store. I saw that Calum was just leaning over the counter on his phone. I let out a sigh before entering the store.

Calum looked up and his eyes met mine. I gave him a small wave before muttering, "Hi."

"You're eight hours early," he said as I approached the counter, resting my elbows on top of it.

"I know that. You just looked incredibly bored, so I decided that maybe I'll chill with you."

"Yeah, beautiful." He turned his attention back to his phone and I glanced down at his phone, trying to see what he was doing. The screen was so dark, and I wondered how he could even see it.

"What are you doing?" I asked, pointing at his device.

"Playing this game called Chuzzle," he answered, his eyes still glued onto the very dim screen.

"What's that?"

"It's a game where you kill these cute, little puff balls."

"That doesn't sound like a nice game at all."

"Don't worry. They're masochists; they like to explode and die."

"Oh." I drummed my fingers against the counter as he swiped his finger left to right, up and down. "Why's your screen so dark?"

Calum groaned before looking up. "Why are you being so annoying?"

"Curiosity, you know?"

"Saves my phone battery. Now, no more questions. I must get rid of this fatso that's taking up one-fourth of the screen." I heard some beeping sound and I turned my attention to the door, seeing two little boys entering the store. They had on backpacks that looked as if they were empty. They glanced our way, but when they saw I was looking at them they averted their eyes to the ground.