Chapter 14

AN: I can't... The gif, I just... oh, my god.

*Luke's POV*

I don't know why I want to be friends with Irvin. There's just something about him that draws my attention to him. I mean, I know he's a customer of mine and all, but he's different than all the other customers. I can sense it, as weird as that sounds.

Wait, I just told Irvin I wanted to be friends with him. I probably seem weird, right?

"Uh, okay," was all Irvin responded. Great. I'm already weirding him out. This wasn't the impression I wanted to give.

"Well, eat your nuggets, Luke," Calum said as he picked up a fry and ate it, "or else Irvin will eat them."

"Actually, I'm not hungry. I already ate."

"Too bad. Eat the nuggets."

I kicked Calum underneath the table, telling him to shut up. I picked up a chicken nugget and held it up towards Irvin's lips.

He kept them pressed in a thin line and leaned away.

"Come on, it's just a chicken nugget," I laughed. "It's not like it's going to kill you."

Irvin hesitated before he reached out to the small piece, but I pulled my hand back.

"Didn't you want me to eat it?" he asked.

"Let me feed you."

His eyes widened from my words, but he gave a small nod. I watched as he leaned in and took the chicken nugget in between his teeth. He munched off a piece drew himself away from me. He licked his lips to remove any of the crumbs that might've gotten onto his face and I imitated his action.

Though, I don't know why I did. I think it's the chicken nugget. It's making me a bit hungry. I picked up a nugget from the box and popped that into my mouth.

I felt Calum's foot gently tap my leg and I glanced up at him. He raised his eyebrows at me and I cocked a brow in return. Whatever he's trying to tell me, it's not going through.

As Calum stuffed his face with the fries Irvin and I ate the chicken nuggets. There was one left and I didn't feel like eating it, so I pushed the box towards Irvin.

"No, it's yours," he said, pushing it back.

"We'll split it," I said. I picked up the nugget and ripped it into two pieces. I held out Irvin's piece to him, and he leaned forward so he ate from my fingers. I felt his lips touch my fingers and he instantly pulled away, the chicken nugget falling in between us.

"Aw, poor nugget piece," Calum spoke up. "It won't suffer the same fate as the rest of it."

"I-I'm sorry," Irvin said quickly, turning away from me and bringing his hand up to his mouth to cover it. "I-I really should get going." He tried to push past me, but I didn't move.

"Hey, we're in no hurry, Irvin," I chuckled when I held my place. When he began to add more force I grabbed his wrists, making him flinch a bit.

"What's the time?"

"It's only seven thirty. Is there some place else you need to be?"

"Sort of. Please, let me go."

"Surely you've got some time to spare."

"Luke, let him go," Calum groaned. "If the guy says he has to go, then let him."

I frowned, but nodded, releasing Irvin and moving out of the seat so he could slide out. Once he was out he thanked me and Calum for letting him stay with us, and then he left, disappearing into the crowd of shoppers.