Chapter 27

*Ashton's POV*

I watched Luke leave and then averted my eyes towards Michael and Calum.

"Have fun, you two!" I exclaimed, closing the door, but Michael's foot prevented the door from closing.

"You sure you don't want me to stay?" he asked and I nodded.

"I'm sure. I really need the rest of the day to myself, Mikey." Michael nodded and then he started heading away. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

He turned around and said, "Can't. I'm going to be busy tomorrow. I can still see you the following day, though." I nodded and then Michael started to walk away.

Now I just had to get rid of Calum.

"So, are you going to come to 7-Eleven tonight?" Calum asked and I just shrugged.

"Just assume that I'm not going," I told him. Calum eyes me for a moment before he shrugged and turned around.

"Okay, then. I'll see you around." He waved at me and then he left. I closed my door and let out a sigh in relief.

I tossed my backpack onto the floor by the coffee table and slid over to it, pulling out the box that had my night stuff inside.

When everything I needed was packed I placed my backpack onto the couch, pulled out my black outfit, and started pulling off my pony shirt and jeans. Once I was stripped from my outer layer of clothes I slipped on my black outfit and then started putting on my shirt and pants again. Even though the sleeves of my black outfit were showing, I highly doubt that anyone would question it. Besides, it goes well with what I'm wearing.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to find a place to get money. Maybe steal some other stuff along the way.

I went to clean myself up a bit and then returned back to where my backpack was. I slung that over my shoulders and started to head out.

When I got to the lobby Cynthia was resting her head against the counter and I slowly approached her. I poked the top of her head and she looked up at me. She didn't get nervous or jumpy right away. In fact, for once she looked so composed. Around me, the guy she's been crushing on for I don't know how long.

"Did something happen, Cee?" I asked her.

"I had a very interesting talk not too long ago," she said to me. "I didn't know you that you swung that way."

I raised my eyebrow. "What are you talking about?"

"You and this guy got it on." I shook my head in confusion, but then it hit me.

She must've talked to Luke.

"Do you like him or something?" she asked. "Because there's no way two friends can be sexually active and have nothing going on between them."

"I... may have some kind of liking to him..."

Cynthia sighed. "If you like him, then why flirt with me? I may have a crush on you, but to mess with my feelings isn't okay."

I tugged my lower lip in between my teeth and stared down at the desk, unsure of what to say. "Whatever. But just so you know, I prefer you gay anyway."

I glanced up at her. "What?"

She shrugged. "I think gay guys are better. I mean, I always found myself attracted to gay guys, even though I know I'll never have a chance with them. At first I start to like a guy, but in the end I find out they're gay and then I'm more than okay with that, but then I look for another guy. To be honest, I thought you were different, because I was immediately attracted to you and you didn't act gay at all. Turns out you're gay as well, which makes you a hundred times better."