Chapter 5

*Ashton's POV*

I must've past out waiting for Michael to come back, because I was awoken by the sound of someone banging their fist on my door. I groaned and slowly got up from my resting position on the couch. I had an uncomfortable feeling in my neck, so I rolled it around until I heard a popping sound.

"Ah, yeah," I sighed as I felt more relaxed. I stood up and cracked my back before making my way over to the door. I didn't feel like looking through the peephole to see who it was. It's probably Michael. I opened the door, but it wasn't him that I saw.

It was the landlord.

"Oh, hello, Leonard," I greeted nonchalantly. Leonard knows of his daughter's crush on me and he doesn't like that, but love is something no one can control.

"You address me as Mr. Fitzgerald," he grumbled. Yeah, as if I'd ever call him that.

"Okay, Fitzy, what brings you here?"

"Before I continue, where are your clothes?" I looked down and then smirked.

"Like what you see?" I began to strike a pose, popping my hip out and placing my hand on it. "Your daughter liked it, too."

"Which brings us to why I'm standing here right now. She came into the lobby today with a red face, and I immediately knew it was you." He then pointed a finger right at my face. "I don't want you anywhere near her. Understand?"

"Fitzy," I placed a hand on his shoulder, "I am so sorry I stole your daughter's heart. I'd give it back, but that's something beyond my power."

Leonard whacked my hand off of him. "Unless you plan on moving out of this building, you are not allowed to come to my apartment. And don't you dare visit her again."

"I didn't come to visit her. I needed to borrow her phone."

"Why don't you use the one in the lobby?"

"Now, why would I pay a quarter to call my friend when I can just borrow Cindy's phone?"

"Her name is Cynthia."

"And my name is Irvin. Anything else we haven't cleared yet?"

Leonard just shook his head before taking steps away from me.

"I will rejoice the day you move out," he grumbled under his breath, but I still heard him. He looked down and then pointed at my wrist. "Is that my watch?"

I looked down at it before calmly saying, "Just because I have a watch that looks like yours, you immediately ask if this belongs to you? I may not be a good guy in your eyes, but I would never steal." What a lie. I steal shit all the time, and nobody knows that.

Leonard just glared at me before finally leaving. I just let out a sigh and shook my head.

Man, Fitzy needs to take a chill pill.

Not too long after Michael came back with my clothes and I grinned. "Eyy, you're back! Now, give me my Captain America shirt and my black jeans." I began rummaging through my clothes until I found what I was looking for and then I began to pull them on.

"I'm glad I didn't fold your clothes," Michael said, "because if I did and you messed them up I wouldn't be doing your laundry anymore."

Yeah, I wouldn't want to go to an actual laundry store to wash my clothes. That means I'd have to pay, and Ashton Irwin doesn't pay. Not unless it's in between the hours of eleven at night and three in the morning and it's at the 7-Eleven when Luke's working his shift.

"You wanna go somewhere?" Michael asked and I nodded. Once I finished fixing myself up I grabbed my phone off of the couch and then my apartment keys that were sitting on the table. I threw them into my empty backpack and then Michael and I headed out of my place. I closed the door and made sure it was locked. I don't want anyone to walk in and find anything that'll lead to them suspecting that I'm the one who's been robbing places every single night.