Chapter 24

*Ashton's POV*

"You're not going to eat your food?" Calum asked, gesturing to my untouched biscuit burger.

I shook my head. "I don't feel hungry anymore," I mumbled, playing with the top bun.

"You gotta eat something," Michael sighed. "We're not leaving until you finish your food."

"Then we might as well just stay in here all day."

"I don't mind," Luke spoke up, shrugging. "Irvin, you could at least eat a little bit."

I glanced down at the food. Ever since Cynthia showed up at the door telling me that I had until tomorrow morning to pay my rent, I've been stressing myself out. Maybe a little more than necessary, but I need to think spend a lot of time tonight, searching for the perfect place to steal from.

I picked up the biscuit burger, splitting it in half. I gave one piece to Luke, mumbling a small, "Share with me?"

Luke's eyes widened, his eyes looking down at his half of the biscuit burger and then into my eyes.

"Uh, o-okay," Luke responded, taking the burger. He bit into the food and then he smiled at me. "Thanks."

"Aw, how cute," Michael cooed. "Now shove that whole thing into your mouth, because we're leaving now." He stood up and Calum followed suit, the two heading for my door.

"Okay, let me go get my backpack!" I held my half of the burger in between my teeth, standing up from my spot and making my way over to my room. On my way there I found my cigarette box and lighter on the ground, so I picked that up and continued going to my room.

My backpack was sitting on the floor by my mattress bed, so I went over to it. I opened it up and checked to see if there was anything I didn't need. I stuffed the cigarettes and lighter into the small pocket and I checked to see if I had all the things I needed or probably need.

"Irvin?" I turned around and saw Luke leaning against the wall. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine," I told him. "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, it's just... after that girl came here you were kind of... off?"

"No, I'm still the same Irvin as before." I smiled at him before I pulled my keys out, zipping my backpack all the way and slinging it over my shoulder. "Let's just go."

Luke nodded and then we both walked to where Michael and Calum were waiting at the front door. I made sure that my apartment was locked and then the four of us left.

------

Michael drove us all to the beach that's about ten miles away and was completely empty of any people. Everyone else was on one side of the beach, but Michael took us to the part that had little to no people around. Luke and I sat on this small wall, staring out into the open sea while Michael and Calum were walking along the shore, talking with each other.

"You don't want to take a walk or anything?" Luke asked, scooting closer to me. I shook my head.

"Not really," I said. "I'm too tired."

"Tired? That's your best excuse? I think you're just lazy."

"Oh, definitely. I'm really lazy. That's why you should carry me along the shore." I laughed weakly at my lame joke, placing my feet on top of the wall and pulled my knees to my chest. I closed my eyes as I listened to the seagulls' cries and the waves of the ocean. I felt so relaxed right now and I just wanted to enjoy this moment.

The next thing I knew something went under my knees and my back, hoisting me up in the air.

"AAH!" I screamed, my arms instinctively wrapped around whatever, like I was afraid I was going to fall. Then I realized what was happening.