Chapter 13 : Clues

A/N: 4th Chap. Last chapter for now, I'll try to post next week.

REMINDER:
This story is fictional. I have used some elements from myth, but IT IS STILL A FICTION.

I will not follow the real myth in every detail, but will still use some of it.

*****

In a few days, I found a clue from a certain old book. Although, it is told to be just a story and no evidence is seen, I will still try it.

Who know, I might really find something here.

According to the book, it's somewhere very far from the capital towards the west. I needed to cross Saara Mountain Range.

The mountain range is a border between the Alois Kingdom and Delphi Ruins. And Delphi Ruins is my goal.

Delphi Ruins is a ruined sanctuary of the Sun god Apollo. It is said that the day it was destroyed by himself, he was very angry at his sister, Artemis, and ended up destroying everything he sees and left.

Inside the ruins, mythril are used to make protection charm by the ancient people. Since mythril that time is still not that rare to find, they used it in their daily lives. Such luxury.

And now, I don't know if it does exist and is still there. The book says nothing about its actual location. I just assumed that Delphi Ruins would have some since it's a normal stone for the ancient people there.

Well, if it does exist, I doubt thieves and ruin explorers haven't found it yet. After all, it's been thousands of years already.

Despite that, I will still try my luck there.

One problem though.

Delphi Ruins is a very dangerous place and there's no way my father would allow me to go there. It's filled with big scary magical beasts with at least B rank strength as the weakest.

Well, I consider myself as an SS class if I were an adventurer. There's no worry even if I encounter S rank beasts.

I told the teachers that I need to take leave for a few days. My excuse is to collect materials for an experiment. They suggested to let the adventurer's Guild take it as a quest, but I said I want to do it personally and it needs me personally to verify it. And so, they agreed as long as I won't stray too far from the Saara Mountain Range.

Really. The teachers easily believe good students like me... e-ehem, this is my first(?) time to lie about an excuse though.

Fortunately, Father doesn't monitor me with a shadow guard anymore so I have freedom as long as the teacher's won't notify him and believe that I did went there.

Immediately, I left the campus ground after saying good bye to my friends and brother, except that guy, of course.

I brought Lux with me who grew up into a fine specimen of the white foxes. He's a rare kind of magical beast and is at the top of their food chain. ( • ̀ω•́ )

It will help me prevent small magical beasts into running into me and make higher ranked beasts be wary and not just suddenly pounced on me.