Chapter 18 : Scary Father

I was taken directly into my father's study room after mother and brother thanked Ruis for escorting me back. They had wry smiles like I was being a troublesome kid.

Looking away, I shut down my self from them just to not feel that awry situation between Ruis and I these past few days.

So, even if I saw how Ruis tried to talk to me, I immediately expressed my thanks and suggested to not delay father's matter. Mother and brother look at each other and then once again thanked Ruis for the last time before leading the way.

I know I being evasive about what happened that night, but even Ruis is indifferent about it, there's really nothing to dwell about it. A few days of being in daze is already enough.

So, I calmly took my careful steps into the study room.

I was about to knock the door when a deep cold voice came from inside.

"Come in. Fiona and Felix, I will talk to Felice alone."

I gulped down hard and my hands gripped each other too tight.

Mother lightly hugged and smiled at me while brother only patted my shoulder. I smiled at them as a response.

I collected myself before opening the door into the room. A sight of a clean study room came into my eyes. The documents spread onto a side table and across that is a receiving lounge for visitors while beyond it is a rosewood head desk. Behind it, a handsome man with deep black hair and sharp red eyes sat down with both hands covered each other while he leaned over the desk.

Father looks younger than his actual age that outsiders may think he is my oldest brother who is years apart from me. Though I really don't want to think it that way... as father may not like it and he'll send me to an unknown place again!

Well, putting aside his good facial features, father is a powerful duke whom the king trusts as his prime minister. As they are childhood friends together with General Margus, they have a deep bond that no one can break. But growing up, I saw how the King and the general also jolts with me whenever father is triggered into anger...

Father's sharp gaze directly came to me when I stand up in font of his desk to curtsy.

"Looks like you haven't forgotten your manners, young lady."

"..."

"I was worried that you've become the little monkey you are during this little adventure of yours."

"..." That hurts, father... (╥﹏╥)

I can confidently say that I was never a little monkey! Never!

"I apologize for my recent misbehavior. I will reflect and have my punishment as Father says."

"Who said I will punish you?"

Oh, you won't punish me, but you'll torture me with training again.

I know I am wrong. I have been too confident in my own abilities and sneaked out secretly. That person inside that false space is really strong for me and neither those two who saved me could actually beat him, but it seemed they have a trump card that made that person even cautious of them.

If they didn't come... I shut down that thought and focused on my current situation.

Father closed his eyes as he sighed heavily before leaning back on to the chair to relax his tensed shoulders. He gazed deeply at me before he opened his mouth to speak.

"It's good that you are alright. I will assign a hidden guard for you as it seem I have been neglecting to monitor your safety."

"But-!"

"No buts. Felice, that person is very dangerous. You have no need to know why but if in the future you will see hin, avoid him at any cost."

I was reminded of that person's eyes. It was lingering and full of explosive emotions that overwhelmed me... and most of all, I shiver in fear whenever those eyes will watch me.

How strong can that guy be? That he could make me and even father to be wary of him.

I solemnly nodded.

"I understand."

"Good."

I was about to leave as it seems he have no more words to say. I feel elated when I thought he won't give me a punishment, but when I heard him said his next words, I prayed for myself.

"Go back to the academy. Old man Gaius is back. You know what to do."

"..."

Eeeehhh!!??

Teacher Gaius is back! Oh, no, no, no! Why!? Didn't he say he wants to explore the whole world and will not return for at least a decade! How come he came back!?

Ugh, no freedom anymore... no sweets... wuwuwu...

I curtsied to bid my goodbye and hurriedly came out of the room with intact steps.

My steps were not taking me anywhere but the kitchen. I opened the door with a loud bang.

"Grandma! I want to eat!

"Goodness! Little lady, do not open the door like that!"

An old woman distraughtly scolded me with a spatula on her hand and a hand on waist.

She is grandma Odette, the head cook of our household. Even with her old age, grandma still makes the most delicious food ever. Even the new and talented young chef of the royal castle couldn't compare to her.

I looked at her and sat down on the chair.

"Grandma, long time no see."

"Sigh, little lady, I've heard that you did something wrong. Do not look at me like you are an innocent little girl."

"But.." I look down, "I'm going to Teacher today. So, I want to eat my fill of sweets!"

"Oh, I see. That old man, huh... Okay, I will try to make some of your favorites. Although I know you already had eaten lunch on the way back, I also know you have an extra stomach for your sweets. Sigh."

"Grandma, thank you."

Grandma Odette only laughed and went back to the kitchen counter. We had a conversation as she made my food, along the way, I forgot all the worries I had and only enjoyed eating my food.

Nn. It really is sweets who makes me happy!