Chapter 24 : "Felice"

We have managed to calm down Rose. She is so worried that even if she had stayed silent for a while, her quick glances still made Anna notice it.

She fell into a thought before taking a cup of tea. Anna sighed and speak with an unusual calm tone.

"I guess, nothing can be hidden?"

Rose takes this chance to grab her hand and worriedly let out of her concerns.

"Anna, it is not that we don't agree but more like we don't want you to regret it. We love you and we support your decisions. Just that... just, does this person know of your situation? One wrong move might force your father to decide things his way. Although we know how your father has been treating you, but we can't deny that he still is the Duke and your father. Also, are you really sure of this person? If yes, we can help you. I can convince my father to help out and deal with your father." Just an insignificant official can't possibly beat the minister of affairs.

The beautiful Rose who has looks that everybody defines as a stunning blooming red rose is really with a thorn.

Her words sounded like flowers but the glint of her eyes at the end of her sentence became like a thorn.

Nn. Rose is really a rose. Beautiful but dangerous.

I feel a shiver running through my body. That one second of flashing danger made me think what kind of things this beautiful lady could actually do.

Harry beside me also twirled the cup on his palm as his face contained a scary gentle smile and Shane looking outside the window with a deep gaze.

Sigh. Why do I feel like every of my friends has their own dark sides? Ah, is there no actual pure soul here? Me? Of course not!

Just now, I saw a familiar silhouette at the corridor and it disappeared. I sharply stared at the blank space where that person was just standing.

Travek Gallion...

Just what is he? Who is he? I don't know.

Recently, I have been tailing him and find out how frequent he talk to himself, or rather to someone. And I can't help but become more wary about him.

I discovered that he really is sincere to Anna, or at least that's how I see it when he's together with Anna or when he's alone. But, I can't find any good information to conclude what kind of existence I will label him.

He didn't have any conflict with anyone or a background with dirty pasts. He is just a simple and intelligent teacher with great potential in magic.

And he is a hidden character.

That what's worry me the most. Hidden character are usually the most dangerous route. That means, there is more to what I have found out.

I excused myself from them and said that I will go back to resume my research.

I actually started making an artifact that can seal my mana when it reaches a certain limit. This way I could not go berserk. But I still have to research about how to make it able to contain the overwhelming mana.

Maybe, something like it will produce a temporary barrier around me when it's activated and will use my mana as a power to reduce some of the energy?

Or, just make the mana exhaust out of me?? Ehhh, that would be dangerous. There's a possibility that the mana will create a rift.

Ah, better do some research. I need to get more into it and decide on what kind of artifact I should make.

Oh, I just realized I am already in front of my lab room.