~Chapter 3~

*Read only if you are mature enough to handle .

*Thankyou for all the love and support,means a lot❤

______________________________________

She looked over at him in Swayum's office as he sat down next to her showing her the legal papers.

"I'll do this but there is a condition. I want no financial demands and no blackmailing for any kind of support for these kids! I won't take any responsibility of them later on", he spoke carrying an emotionless face. She without any delay took the papers and signed them. She didn't felt bad, because she never expected much from him. Nurturing a kid being a single mother have taught her many things, one of them were 'Never expect anything from anyone'.

"Here!", she gave back the papers to him after signing, and he nodded in return.

"Rey?", Swayum asked in a disbelief tone.

Kriya took her bag and left from there. Rey also got up while answering Swayum,

"Yeah I know that look Swayum....but what if she blackmails me afterwards for money then..."

"If she wanted to do that Rey, then she would have told you when she was carrying you're child ! She could have easily destroyed your life, but NO! She is not like that!! She had to bear so much, every taunt of society, family, but then also she never asked any help from you, She took every responsibility of the child and grew her up well!

Look I don't know what you think about her but she is a mother who is fighting to keep any hope of saving her child's alive and this was very harsh of you, you literally blackmailed her on the context of her daughter's life , just for your own reason!" Swayum stopped when he saw him heading towards the door. Rey was a good friend of Swayum and he was protecting Sara from all this but he needs to see what he was becoming just to keep this under wraps!

Rey had agreed for another child but after the baby was born, he wanted no connections with both the children, maybe he wanted to start his own family with Sara and that was his priority..... but being so harsh on Kriya was very wrong, she is here begging to save her daughter's life and there he was heartless enough to keep such conditions. Swayum left a sigh, thinking about the situation which is equivalent to a big mess!

-------------

Rey looked at Kriya who was holding her daughter in her arms.

'Her daughter not mine' he reminded himself again and again looking at them through the door window.

He saw a faint smile appearing on her lips as her mother sat on the large blue armchair with her in arms, rocking her gently. 'Avni' he looked at the whiteboard over the door with her name Avni Ghai, Cancer patient 2384. His gaze moved from there hearing the sound of laughter coming from the Children's wards, which was full with sick kids. As he walked down the corridor, his eyes fell on a father holding his baby and just stopped looking at them. That sight caused an uneasiness to spread in his whole body.

___________

Holding the small pink teddy bear in his hand, standing at the door, he looked over at her tiny frame in the white sheet of the large bed concealing her. Kriya and the nurses had shaved her hair now and the honey brown locks were no longer there, she looked so fragile as she lay asleep... so pale, so dull.

He gathered some courage and moved towards her, sitting on the same bed, he looked at her bruised arm due to the needles as thin as the size of a broom stick and the tube in her nose helping her to breath, and the large monitors she was attached too. The sight was enough to churn even a strangers heart. He wondered why god was punishing such an innocent soul... she didn't deserves this, she deserves every happiness in the world! His mind went to Kriya thinking how she had the courage to look at Avni in this state... and that too everyday!

With trembling fingers he placed the small pink teddy bear wearing a brown ribbon bow , near her and got up instantly, not having the heart to see that sight anymore. He looked up to see Kriya standing and looking at him at the door.