~Chapter 12~

"Are you sure beta?" Ranvijay asked her placing his hands around her shoulder.

"Ji, I think adoption is best!" Kriya said looking at him with tears in her eyes.

" How will I raise a child... I have nothing to give and I can't see anything happening to my child... I don't think I can cope up with it again....I can barely look after myself "

Ranvijay embraced her in his arms, who was sobbing hard. He didn't offered her money or his support, because he knew Kriya was a girl with self respect, she wouldn't accept it. And right now she is messed up bad emotionally, she needs someone. And that someone is Rey!

"I will do whatever you ask....and I will talk to Rey too!" he looked at her looking at him.

" It's not needed pitaji, he signed those papers which stated that he has no legal right over the child in anyway..... And he won't object also, poor man wants his life back and I am holding things up for him...he's worried about me...I want to set him free, after baby I'll leave him forever! "

" As you wish beta but still I need to talk to Rey about this, as a father he is entitled to this decision. Though he may not give any financial support but he needs to agree to this"

Kriya nodded at him thinking that Rey is a decent man just like his father and he would surely agree to this.

He knew right now her insecurities got the best out of her and she is at the end of her rope that is why she is over looking the fact that, this child was her salvation to all the pain and sufferings. Children are god's gift and not everyone is so lucky enough to get such blessing. He himself have seen numerous couple at his fertility clinic, craving for such a gift and here she was thinking to give away this precious blessing of life... and that to some strangers. 'I'll keep my grandson myself if I have to...or else Sophia would kill me.But right now I need to give some reality check to that idiot son of mine. '

*****

Rey looked at his father in utter horror with a tinge of fear in his eyes. He was sitting on the beach after his morning jog watching the sunrise, when his father spoke about adoption.

"But Dad?..... Wo esa soch bhi kaise sakti hai.... " Rey couldn't believe his ears as he paled out with the thought of losing his baby, yet again .Whereas Ranvijay was hoping for this reaction only.

" Uski kya galati hai Rey... Or kar bhi kya sakti hai wo...She cannot manage everything alone, not this time! And just look at her, would anyone marry her? She is a complete wreck, don't even know from where the next meal will come... and raising a child single handed? God forbid but what if Yash fell sick then? "

"Yash?" Rey looked at his father in confusion .

"Yeah my grandson. It is a tradition that I'll name him!" Ranvijay said placing his arm around Rey and lead him to the house.

"Think about it beta, what else would she do?" Ranvijay said taking a seat on the couch followed by Rey.

"Yash?" Rey took the name like a prayer as his eyes filled up even with the thought of separating from his child who's not even born yet but still they've formed an ineffable bond.

"I never got to see Avni until it was too late... But not this time! I won't let her give my baby to some stranger...I'll have him! I'm there to take care of my baby! " Rey said determined and Ranvijay smiled inwardly seeing him owing up to his responsibilities.