~Chapter 10~

<•>
Gather me in pieces.
I don't need you to make me whole.
That is not your job.
I only ask you to hold me when I break even more,
Like each piece still matters !!
<•>

*****

After changing Kriya into some warm clothes and pulling up the bed covers over her, he walked in to the washroom. Stepping inside he got rid off his clothes and turned on the cold shower. As the cold water hit his mind his mind wandered to all the possibilities as to how Kriya landed up here.... in this state! Why would she want to die? What happened with her?

His thoughts came to end when Kriya's running away image flashed infront of his eyes. He hurriedly closed the tap, wrapped a towel around his waist and ran inside the room. He sighed in relief when he found her safely tucked in the bed. He saw a frown forming on her forhead and she was murmuring 'Leave Me', even in deep sleep.

He was drowning in guilt as to why did he left her all alone.... he shouldn't have let her go, atleast she wouldn't have to face everything all by herself. He let out a frustrated sigh and ran his hands in his wet hair to calm down himself a bit.

He quickly wore his tracks and walked to the other side of the bed to lay down. After so many days having someone besides him felt nice. Even when he had Sara with him, his heart wasn't at peace because always he had Kriya's thought all over his mind but still atleast he had someone but after she left he was all alone when all he needed at that time was someone to just hold.

Seeing Kriya besides him he felt an urge to seek her warmth so he moved closer to her and carved himself onto her,spooning her. He slid his hand on her stomach and again felt it, rubbing his fingers gently there. Instantly a smile spread on his face and his heart fluttered in happiness, feeling his own baby nurturing there.

He held her securely in his arms and kissed her temple. ''I won't let anything happen to you both, I promise! ", he thought to himself before closing his eyes.

•••••

The next morning Rey woke up early to go for a run on beach. He came back, took a shower while she slept. Taking out one of his tee shirt and loose elastic bottoms for Kriya, keeping in mind her baby bump, he went to kitchen to prepare something for their breakfast.

Kriya slept till late, as if she didn't had a peaceful sleep in days. When she woke up and found herself neatly tucked in bed, she ransacked her mind and every happening of yesterday came back rushing to her. She was frustrated , why did he have to save her.

She left every thought and freshened up, wearing the clothes he took out for her she went outside and found him in kitchen cooking something. She quietly sat on the bar stool avoiding his gaze.

He placed the pancakes with maple syrup in front of her and even before he could ask her to have it, she attacked the plate without even looking at him. He was taken aback by the way she was eating, as if she hadn't had anything from days and all he could do is to wonder what led her to such state.

"Where's your wife?... You're married now, right? ", She mumbled looking at him while eating as he cooked another batch of pancakes .

"No, Sara left me when she found out everything", he replied. When he heard the fork dropping he turned around to look at her. While she kept staring at him as the tears ran down her face.