(6)

Taylor Pov

"Where are we Colton?" I stumble over a tree root and internally smile when he catches my fall. "Right there, can you see it?" Colton points through a gap in the trees and brings my attention to a clearing. He picks me up and hoists me over the wire fencing.

"If it has wire fencing doesn't that mean we shouldn't be here?" I raise an eyebrow at him and actually relax against his toned chest. "Not if I put it there." I covered my face when he pushed us through the brush. What looked like a clearing was far from it and filled my eyes with pure bliss.

"What is this place?" I pushed his hands away and dropped to the floor. It was just acres of land and a gigantic willow tree in the center of it all. "The first Alpha of this pack never found his mate and when he died his people planted the willow tree as birth of new life." Colton lay on the grass and bathed in the setting sun.

"Every Alpha who finds there mate, plants an Orchid tree and the people plant Dahlia's around it." The colours are absolutely beautiful and through the field clean cut paths lead to circles of earth that are waiting to be filled with flowers. I lay with him and watch as the sun decends behind the trees, his fingers tracing soothing circles on my shoulder. "Taylor, you're tired, let's get back home." Colton mumbled against my hair. I shake my head lightly trying to pull my eyes open from closing completely.

"Just a bit longer...please." I stare out on the sea of flowers focusing on the magnificent willow tree surrounded by the rest of its family. "Which spot do you want?" His voice is like silk and his breath warms my neck when he talks.

"That one." I point to the circle patch next to the willow tree.

My body goes limp and I finally rest my eyes, i dont even open them when he picks me up. Colton carries me all the way home and tries to make no noise when opening the door. Soon I felt the soft covers of the sheet and wiggled in them.

"Let me take your heels off." He unbuckled the straps and slid both of Isla's heels off my feet. "Do you want one of my shirts or are you going to stay in the dress?" I sat up for a brief second and nodded. He handed me one of his shirts and I took the dress off not caring I was stripping infront of him. Though I almost regretted my actions when his jaw tightened at the sight of my bruises.

"Will you stay with me?" I didn't even have to check his answer because he was already half naked and climbing into bed next to me. I was attracted to his warmth and cuddled against his chest. "I like you like this."

"Like what?" I could hear his heartbeat drum against his ribs with our close contact and I could only be certain mine was the same. "Acting as my mate not my Alpha."

"Then I'll try to be more like this." I lazily smile and feel his warmth radiate through me. "But I might have an Alpah kink?"

"Do you?" He chuckles and pulls me closer if that was possible. Compared to his height I was halfway down the bed and using the side of his stomach as a pillow. "Maybe." I close my eyes and don't fight the sleep that greets me. Content when the fields of flowers appear behind my lids, I drift off to sleep.

***

"C'mon I'm taking you to the hospital." Colton finally gets up from the bed after watching me clean my teeth for the last 3 minutes. "Why? Am I dying?" I leave the toothbrush hanging in my mouth and laugh when the toothpaste falls from my mouth. 'How did you get a mate'

"You're not dying but I want him to check out these bruises." Colton takes the brush from my mouth and holds my hair while I spit. I scrunch my face up when he washes away the paste. "That was unnecessarily cringey and I liked it."

"So stop frowning." He handed me a towel from the cabinet and got himself dressed. I watched. Again. "You can borrow one of my hoodies and Isla gave you some leggings." I exited the bathroom and collected the clothes on the bed. I ran back in and changed.