(18)

Taylor POV

"Cody, what are you doing here?" I clung the coat tightly around my naked body and bounced lightly as the truck drove over the rough turf. I tried to drawn out the pain of my leg by talking even Though I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk to Cody. "I heard you howling." He sounded different...like the old Cody.

"But-"

"Your mum and dad are dead." Woah. What the fuck?! I stared at Cody as his eyes were transfixed on the road. "I-I know?" I stuttered, scared by how unfazed I felt about sitting in his car.

"They took me back to the pack and your mum she was giving me medication. It wasn't right," this was definitely Cody speaking not the delusional psycho that came to the house. "It was making everything so much worse. I wasn't crazy when they brought me out of your house, your dad just didn't want me to tell on him." He scoffed lightly and I turned surprised at how he could laugh at such a thing.

"When they died I stopped taking my meds for a few days to see what would happen and I'm back." The words were burning on my tongue and felt like poison just to think his name. "Why would my mum do that? I could expect it from my da- him." I couldn't call him my dad because he was far from it and I sure as hell believed I didn't have a mother anymore. Cody was my best friend, more than a friend in fact, and they took him away from me.

"I dunno but if your father hadn't of killed her mine would have for plotting against the future Alpha." My brows furrowed, Alpha? "They will be reinstating your title?"

"They already have." Cody held the same boyish grin he had only a year prior. It felt weird feeling this comfortable around him. "What about Darren?"

"Surprisingly, he welcomed me back with open arms and practically forced me to be alpha, I think he's found his mate." Cody voice went quiet as if he was trying to keep a secret. Though if Darren had it wouldn't remain a secret for that much longer. "Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you back to your pack, that's what you wanted right?" I almost nodded but then I thought hit me like a bulldozer. "They still have my friend, at the camp, he's still there." Cody nodded and leaned over me to the glove box. He pulled out his phone and handed it to me, I looked a bit puzzled at first.

"Call your mate, he's closer to the camp than we are." I unlocked the phone with the same pin he used to use, typed in Colton's number and then clicked the small green button that practically throbbed against my thumb. The dial echoed down my ear and I prayed he'd pick up. "Who the fuck is this?! I'm busy!" He was angry... definitely angry and it caused me to stutter.

"Colton?" There was a long silence on the other end of the phone until Colton cleared his throat. "Taylor? Please tell me this is you? Are you okay?" His voice cracked uncontrollably and a tear stroked my cheek.

"I'm fine now, I'm on my way back to the pack but you have to go to the hunters camp, Kylo is still there." I clutched the phone to my ear, worry creeping onto my features as I thought of Kylo waking up there. My sides ached where I had been electrocuted and my leg throbbed with pain. "You're lying to me." My eyebrows furrowed and I glanced at Cody.

"I'm not lying Kylo-"

"Not that. You're not fine are you?" I glanced beneath the coat and saw the purple mark surrounding a harsh cut. "You need to get Ky-"

"The elites can get him, tell me where you are and I'll meet you." His tone was low and I knew he was dead set on getting to me before I was there. "Stay at the house, I'm five minutes away." I assured him even though my lip quivered and a lump formed painfully in my throat. He growled lowly and the anger threatened to make me crack.