(13)

Taylor POV

It's been a week since Colton took me to water ridge hotel and I feel like I've been living on cloud nine. Apart from- well that doesnt matter right now. I've been taking my medicine every morning and it's like a constant high to feel so healthy.

Colton has been a bit different because he's gone back to his usual work schedule. He just acts like I don't smell the blood on his clothes when he gets in. I'm okay with that, I don't want to know what he does all of the time but I know he still treats me like I'm his one and only. According to the godess I technically am. Lucky me.

Cody hasn't been around and as far as I'm aware he's still back at my old pack. Speaking of my old pack, Colton did take me to see my mum and that was the 'apart from' I mentioned earlier. She's gone. Not become a rogue or left- nope she's gone. Far. Far. Away. And I can except I'll never see her again.

I expected to be heartbroken but how can you miss someone who was never really there to begin with. My dad was the one who did it, Alpha Stoe told me.

My dad's gone as well.

But like a said it's just an 'apart from' that doesn't really matter.

"Hey Taylor, Colton told me to remind you about powder." Diesel tells me confused and I smiled at him Before walking over to the cupboard. Just because I said I take it everyday doesn't mean I remember on my own.  I glance to Diesel who watches confused as I make my usual drink of tea. Tea fixes everything. "Are you done judging?" I laugh taking a sip and still shocked at the fact there is no taste to Ultridostone.

"Hey I'm not judging if you like to do coke all I'm saying is share." He holds his hands up in surrender with an amused smirk. I throw a spoon at him and he swiftly dodges. "You've been around Colton to long." He points an accusing finger at me but I take no notice. I keep eye contact with him and drink my drink silently.

"You never would've thrown something at me." He feigns hurt before making a dramatic exit from the kitchen. "I don't even wanna know." Isla remarks grabbing a slice of toast and reviewing her files.

"Busy day today?" I ask her and she nods with a grin. "Always is." She laughs and our eyes glance to the door as Maxen walks in.

"Bye baby." She kisses him quickly as he normally does to her in the morning and she left. "Does it really not affect you two when she leaves for so long?" I raise an eyebrow at casual Maxen and he shakes his head.

"No she saves lives, I'm proud of her and I know I'm the one she comes home to every night." He smiles at me and asks me the same question about Colton. "No, he kills people, I ignore it and I know I'm the one he comes home to every break he gets." I reply with a small smirk before finishing my tea and hopping up the stairs.

"Diesel's right, you're one of him Now!" He shouts after me with his fingers crossed over each other like I'm a demon.  I walk down the hall to Colton's office where I had not long finished the paper work I had to do. It's surprisingly easy to understand when I did a few sheets of it with Colton's guidance. I went in the room and saw him just climbing up the balcony railings. "You know it's wrong to break into your own house right?" I tell him amused and he returns the same smirk I gave him. His arms wrap around my waist tightly and he holds me against him.

"But I just get live without you." He twirled me around and I giggled pressing my lips against his. "What work have you got to do tonight?"

"Nothing, I'm all yours." Colton leans his forehead against mine and looks into my eyes with adoration. "Why? What are you thinking?"

"You know what I'm thinking." I roll my eyes at him and he nods with a small smile. "You're excited for the ceremony aren't you?" He chuckles and I laugh in response. Yes that's right! Tonight we have our ceremony and thank god the elders approve of me.