(11)

Taylor POV

Two hours wasn't long enough but we made it work, we got out the shower and got dressed. Colton was stealing glances my way when I slipped on my underwear and then covered the rest of me in shorts and a cute top.

I pat him on the chest and walked downstairs leaving him alone. Downstairs, I took out the jelly and began to prepare the custard that already smelled delicious. Colton came down the stairs moments later and into the kitchen. "I have to nip out for like five minutes with the elites but I'll be back in time." He kissed me on the cheek and dipped his finger in the custard before running out the backdoor with a cheeky smile.

"Okay." I laughed and continued to stir the custard before pouring it onto the jelly. I hate making desserts I'm a better cook which is why a trifle is so simple. "Taylor?" My name was called from the backdoor but it wasn't Colton's voice.

"Hmm." I hummed in response and continued 'baking' until I saw the familiar face of Cody. "Why-what are you doing here?" I stuttered and backed away from the doors.

"I came to see you...you left me." Darren was right, it's an obsession. I hadn't spoken to Cody for almost a year because his dad said he was dangerous. He sniffed the air before his smile settled into a frown. "Why do you smell like him?" Cody limped forward and I was almost curious to why he was limping but I didn't want to question him.

"He's my mate." Cody walked around the opposite side of the counter and faced me. The curtains blew softly in the wind and distorted the outside from me. "No he's not Taylor, your dad said you're mine." He frowned again and leaned over the counter his dark hair falling over his hair. Every strand moving in their own direction.

"My dad is wrong he has never done anything good for me, you know that, you know what he is." A wire seemed to come loose in his head and he pushed himself off the counter laughing like a psycho. "Why are you laughing?"

"He said you'd lie to me." How long has my dad been talking to Cody about this? No wonder he's insane if he's had my dad inside his head. "I'm not lying to yo-" he cut me off by slapping my face and I instinctively grabbed the handle of the knife draw.

"I'm sorry...i didn't mean to scare you but he isn't your mate, Taylor." Cody calmed himself and tried to walk around the counter. He held my face and brought me closer to him. "Don't even start Kylo, he could kill you." My eyes snapped to the backdoors and the curtains moved just at the right time to show the boys walking over the forest line.

"Stay quiet." Cody gripped my arm and squeezed tightly, I felt his claws pierce through my jacket and into my skin.

"I could take anyone in a fight." Kylo growled stubbornly and I slowly opened the knife draw while Cody was focused on the boys. "Wanna put it to the test?" That's a voice I knew! Colton was outside. I grabbed the handle of a knife and bolted to the doors. Cody followed instantly but was slower because of the limping.

"No I'm just-"

"Taylor?!" Colton yelled and ran forward immediately, he caught me in his arms. The knife cut his skin and he took it out my hand with a panicked look of his own. "Who the fuck is that?"

"Cody....it's Cody." I whisper as he pushes me behind him. Creed takes my arm and moves me out the way when Colton's claws push out. "What the fuck are you doing on my land?!" Colton runs towards him and Cody just stops and smiles.

"Just having some fun with my mate." Colton mutters some curse words that I couldn't quite make out before he grips Cody by the throat. "Don't kill him." I grab Colton's arm and try to force it down but it doesn't budge.

"I can't do that to Darren, he wasn't hurting me he just wanted to talk." I know i lied but Darren loves his brother too much for me to let Colton kill him. "He didn't hurt you?" Colton looked over me unphased by Cody clawing at his arm.