[6]

ii

ii. The Big Game

Gwen began to walk back with Liam while Scott followed closely behind talking with Chris.

"What's the smell?" Liam looked around trying to find whatever it was. He looked over to Gwen and she held her hands up.

"It's not me dude." When she raised her hands up Liam noticed the claw marks on her arm. He was smelling the blood. "Did-Did I do that?" His voice broke.

Gwen covered up them up with her hands. "It's no big deal Liam."

"No big deal? Yes it is! God, imagine if I-"

He stopped himself and looked down at her. "You're not a killer Liam." Gwen grabbed onto his hand and replied, "I'm fine. I was too worried about you anyway."

"You shouldn't be. You worry about me too much and don't ever focus on yourself. Why don't you do something for yourself every once in a while?" Liam squeezed her hand. "I am doing something for myself. There's no place I'd rather be."

He smiled and looked up at the moon, "I just hope it gets easier."

"It will. When you find your anchor." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Anchor?"

Gwen nodded and swung their arms a little. "It's something that holds you down. Something that stops you from changing. It calms you down even when you're in the worst situation. It can be an emotion, a memory, but in most cases, they're people."

He still looked a little confused and she explained, "You know a person. Someone that just makes you feel like you're the only person that matters in their eyes. Someone that calms you down and eases the pain. You hear their voice and you can just listen to it for hours because they remind you how much they care for you. You look back at the happiest memory and they are there, maybe even in your saddest. It's someone you love. Someone you'd die for."

Liam stared at her in awe and shook his head getting out of his daze. "I'll tell you when I figure it out."

She nodded and looked at Lydia who sat on the porch in front of the lake house. "What's wrong Lyds?"

She shook her head slowly, like she was about to cry. "I'm so sorry."

__

"What the hell?" Liam chided banging his fist on the coach where him and Gwen were sitting. "I don't know."

"Why is my sister on the fucking list? Someone please explain!"

Gwen couldn't think. Everything came at her at once and she couldn't process it. "Well what is she?"

The pack looked around at each other and then back at Gwen.

"Gwen it's gonna be okay. We aren't going to let you get hurt."