[20]

ii

ii. Anxiety and Fear

Donovan has Stiles in a chokehold and Gwen ran harder and faster catching up to them.

She growled and flashed her orange eyes at Donovan, using her claws to rip one of his arms off her brother. Stiles still struggled and Donovan punched Gwen in the face knocking her down.

Stiles kicked his head back and Donovan got knocked back. He grabbed the wrench and hit him on the side of the head and lifted up Gwen.

"Come on, Gwen." He urged her to run and they started running together. She could feel the stitches on her leg breaking.

They panted watching Donovan get up. Running through the halls, the siblings tried to find a good place to go but coming up to locked doors. "Stiles." Gwen shook the door frantically. He looked over and swiped his card making the door beep open.

They ran into the library breathing heavily heading the door shake as the Wendigo Chimera tried to open it. "Gwen, come on." Stiles dragged and she nodded hearing the beep of the door open.

Gwen's face flooded with tears and her hands were shaking. She didn't understand why she was so scared in this moment. Gwen had been through a Kanima, her bother being possessed, crazy Berserkers, almost getting killed by Liam every full moon, but for some reason this was the scariest moment of her life.

Stiles phone vibrated and Gwen winced. "You dropped your phone." Donovan's voice echoed through the library. "It's Malia. Should I text her back?"

Gwen looked up at her big brother and he wrapped his arm around her. "You two don't really know who I am, do you? Maybe you've heard about my father. Did y'alls dad yell you about him? Did Sheriff Stilinski ever tell you two about the time he was still deputy and how his partner got caught in a shoot-out? Did he tell you a bullet shattered my dad's T-9 vertebra? Went right through his spinal cord? You know what that means? It means everything below his waist is useless. Not just his legs. I bet he told both of you some of it."

Gwen leaned into Stiles, "But I bet he probably left out the part where he was sitting in a car calling for backup while my dad was going in alone. Did he tell you that he was too scared, too much of a frightened little bitch to go in after him? Or do scared little bitches not tell their little bitch sons and daughters about their failures?"

Gwen and Stiles blood boiled with anger. Her eyes flashed orange and he kept talking, "About how they put their partner in a wheelchair for the rest of his life?"

Donovan began to walk up the stairs and Stiles and Gwen crouched down. There was silence for a long time and Gwen looked around to try and find Donovan but she couldn't.

Suddenly his hand grabbed Stiles' throat making him go through the cases of books onto the ground.

Gwen growled stabbing her claws repeatedly into Donovan and he just kicked her backwards hitting her head on the wall making her dizzy.