[24]

ii

ii. 3:00 am

3:00 am.

Gwen laid in her room rethinking her decisions.. until she heard a knock.

She opened the window to see Liam Dunbar, who she had a deep connection with.

"Liam, do you know what time it is?"

"3:00 am. So what? I wanted to see you."

She smiled. It was summertime. A month after her death.

Liam crawled inside the house and smiled down at her messy hair and no makeup. She tried to hide herself. "Gwen, you don't have to do that."

He looked down at her and touched her cheek. He thought she was still pretty even with acne scars, non colored eyebrows and eyelashes, and pale skin.

She smiled softly making the smile lines become a red tone.

He breathed out standing in front of her, "You have no idea how happy I am to see you."

She touched his hand that was on her cheek. "I was actually having a bad dream before you came over."

"Really? Glad I came. Wanna talk about it?" Liam dragged her to sit on the bed.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Was it your mom?"

She looked up unexpectedly surprised about his knowing of her mother.

"Stiles and Scott told me about her and I knew she was your weakness, your anchor and I also know she's what keeps you fearful."

"When I close my eyes, I just see...her. Smiling. Laughing. Looking more beautiful by the minute, but she's just a memory. That's all she is now. I miss her."

Claudia Stilinski was Gwen's favorite person. She guided her daughter in a way no one else could, not even her father. When she died, Gwen struggled to hold onto motherly care. The closest she had was Melissa and sometimes she didn't even have her.

Gwen knew it was better now, but it still hurt thinking about.

"What did she have again?" Liam asked curious. "Frontotemporal Dementia."

She paused letting it sink in.

"It's where your brain shrinks and is caused by degeneration in the parts of your brain that control decision making, behavior, emotion, and language. Usually the symptoms is memory loss, repetition, socially inappropriate behavior, loss of empathy, depression, and obsessive behavior."

"How did she die though? Was it from that?"

"She died when I was 6 and Stiles was 8. January 1st, 2004. She went into shock... she thought Stiles-"