[8]

ii

ii. The Well

"Guys back off! You can get your gear tomorrow! If anybody sees Garrett, you notify the police immediately. Then tell him he's off the damn team." Coach Finstock's echoed through the hallway near the locker room. Liam came through the doors looking around for Gwen. He turned the corner to see her and Scott talking to his dad.

"Dad really. We're okay." Scott said putting his arm around Gwen. Her throat still burned a little and was sore but it would scar over soon enough.

"I should've been here." Rafael stammered. "And I said I would be at the games."

"Well this was just a pre-season scrimmage. I didn't even tell you about it." Liam leaned in closer to hear better.

"But I promised your mom that I'd be around so she could pick up some double shifts at the hospital. Which is where you should probably be." He sternly looked over at Gwen. "I should've been here."

"You're here now." Scott smiled a little.

Violet came out of a room with Deputy Parrish holding onto her. She walked past Gwen giving her a glare.

Gwen's dad came up behind them. "Sheriff what is that? Is that the weapon?"

"Yeah. It's a thermo-cut wire."

Scott's dad looked down at Gwen and gazed at her neck. "She used that on you?" Gwen nodded hesitatingly.

He looked angry and turned around walking towards Violet. "Parrish hold up." He called out.

Liam slipped around and gave Scott a scared look. "Where's Kira?"

"She took off. Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the dead pool." Liam looked confused.

"Her mom's on it." Gwen said looked down at the ground.

"Everyone's on it."

"You're not." Gwen replied. "Not yet. There's still another third right?" Liam asked rubbing the back of his neck.

"Thermo-cut wire's a very unusual weapon, Violet. Now, we've got a file at the Bureau on something similar. Used in over a dozen murders." Agent McCall said slowly to the dark skinned girl in front of him. "I don't know what you're talking about. I just go to school here."

Gwen turned the corner facing towards her. "Maybe we should call your parents then." Agent McCall started leaving Violet's face to drop, "Oh. No. That's right. You don't have any parents. That's why they call you The Orphans."

They started to take her away and he whispered over to Sheriff Stilinski. "We need to find her boyfriend, Garrett."

Liam looked over at Gwen. "Are you okay?" His hand touched her neck softly. She jumped a little at the sudden force on the tender skin. "Sorry."