Ch. 6 The Past

Sofia POV
So daddy and everyone else finished practicing for tour. Kevin invited the band over for a sleepover. So we all went back home. I went up to my room to change into my PJ'S.
We all ate dinner and now we are hanging out in the living room. I feel nervous about telling Pentatonix about my past. But I can't hold this in any longer.

Scott: Sofia are you okay?
Sofia: I'm fine.
Scott: You sure?
Sofia: No.
Kevin: What's wrong sweetheart?

Daddy sits me on his lap. I began to tear up a bit.

Sofia: Don't get mad at me, but I heard you and Uncle Avi talking last night about wanting to know about my past.
Avi: It's okay we aren't mad. Don't cry.

Avi wipes a tear off of my face.

Kevin: Yeah. I'm just waiting for the right time to ask you about it because I don't want to upset you.
Sofia: I feel that it's right that I tell all of you guys.
Kevin: You sure?
Sofia: Yes.
Kirstin: Take your time sweetie.

So everyone gathers around to hear my story.

Sofia: When I was 4, my parents went on vacation. I was staying at a friend's house in North Carolina till they came back. The cops showed up and wanted to speak to me. I got scared, but they told me not to worry that I didn't do anything wrong. They told me that my parents got killed in a car accident.

I began to cry and everyone began to tear up as well.

Kevin: It's okay. Take your time.
Sofia: They needed me to identify them on the video. I watched the video and I knew the car that my parents were in. It was damaged extremely bad. I cried for so many days. Then, I was taken to an orphanage a couple of days later here in LA because this is where I lived. My life was miserable there and I thought that there wasn't gonna be anyone to adopt me because the people who came to adopt never even came near me.

I cried even more. This was harder than I thought. Daddy hugs me tightly. Then everyone hugs me too.

Kevin: Shhhhh. It's okay.
Sofia: I'm sorry.
Scott: No need to apologize.
Mitch: I'm so sorry that you had to go through that.

I guess I have to tell them about me getting bullied.

Sofia: That's just half. Ever since then, this girl at school found out that my parents died and that I was living in an orphanage she bullies me everyday.
Avi: What does she say?
Sofia: She tells me that I'm useless, that I'm gonna be in an orphanage forever, and a lot of other mean things.

I felt daddy hold me even tighter.

Mitch: OMG! That is not true. You are an amazing, smart, adorable little girl. If she bothers you again, come to us we'll take care of it.
Kevin: I can't believe what happened to you. That's why Mrs. Johnson told me you been through a lot.
Sofia: Yeah. I felt it was right for me to tell you guys. Are you guys mad at me?
Avi: We will never be mad at you.
Sofia: I kept hoping that I was gonna get adopted some day before my birthday.
Scott: When is your birthday?
Sofia: May 26th.
Kirstin: That's coming up soon.
Kevin: How about we throw you the biggest and best birthday party ever?
Sofia: Really?
Mitch: Yeah. It will be a lot of fun.
Sofia: I love you guys.
Kevin: And we love you.
Sofia: Group hug?

So we all did a group hug.

Sofia: Can we watch a movie?
Kevin: Sure.

So Uncle Avi and Uncle Scottie puts in a movie. Mid way through, I felt sleepy.

Kevin POV
So we are all watching the movie and I see that Sofia is sleeping in my arms. I kiss her on her forehead. A few minutes later I fall asleep.

Scott POV
The movie is almost over and I turn around and see Kevin and Sofia sleeping.
I whisper to the guys.

Scott: Yall look at Kevin and Sofia.
Everyone: Awwwww.
Kirstin: They look so cute. I'm taking a picture of this.
Mitch: Me too.
Avi: Look how cute.

Soon the movie was over. Kirstin, Mitch, and I got into our sleeping bags. Avi went upstairs to his room to go to bed.

Kevin POV
I wake up and it's about 1:30 am. Sofia and everyone is asleep. I tip toe and took Sofia to her room and put her to bed. Then I went to my room and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Pentaholics!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Also, as you saw this chapter I included about bullying. Yall bullying is not okay. I went through that when I was 5 or 6 till I was 12. It was the worst 6 years of my life. I was called a lot of bad names that I don't even like to say it when I tell people about it. I had suicidal thoughts for a short period of time. I left the school I was at to start over and I turned out great. I'm now 19 I'll be turning 20 in September and I am in college right now. To those who are a victim of bullying you are not alone. Tell someone what is happening. I'll be doing a youtube video more about what happened to me soon. Go check out my channel the link is in my bio on my social media accounts. Just look for my name on YouTube.

Love you guys and stay awesome.