Ch. 20 Something Beautiful

Kevin POV
Soon it's gonna make a year since Kirstin and I have been dating. This whole year being with her has been amazing. Sometimes we bring Sofia with us and she loves her. Kirstin has been the amazing mother figure to her because for me I don't know a thing about daughters and Kirstin has been perfect. Something in my gut is telling me that I should take the next step. I should ask Sofia. So I go upstairs to her room.
(Side note: Sofia is 9 years old now)
Kevin: Hey, Sofia can I ask you something?
Sofia: Yeah.
Kevin: What do you think of me and Kirstie being together? Be honest.
Sofia: I love that you two are together.
Kevin: Really?
Sofia: Yeah because for my birthday last year I wished for you two to be together.
Kevin: Really? I didn't know that.
Sofia: Yeah. I love Aunt Kirstie.
Kevin: Okay. I have another question. How would you like if Kirstie became your mom?
Sofia: That would be awesome.
Kevin: So you would like it if Kirstie became your mom.
Sofia: Like it? I would love it. Why?
Kevin: I'm thinking about asking her to marry me and I had to see if it was okay with you.
Sofia: OMG! Yeah. I would love for her to be my mommy.
Kevin: So should I ask her?
Sofia: Yeah.

I picked up Sofia and gave her a hug.

Kevin: You should always know that no matter what, you'll always be my little girl.
Sofia: I love you daddy.
Kevin: I love you too, kiddo.
Sofia: How are you gonna do it?
Kevin: Well, it's gonna be a surprise. But when it is time, I'll have someone let you know.
Sofia: Okay.
Kevin: But don't tell her. It's a surprise.
Sofia: I won't.

I called Scott and Mitch to come over so that them and Avi can help me.

Mitch: So what is it that you need us to help you plan?
Kevin: I'm gonna ask Kirstie to marry me.
Everyone: OMG!
Avi: Dude this is amazing.
Scott: OMG! This is so exciting.
Mitch: Yes it is. I could honestly cry right now.

We all laughed.

Kevin: So will yall help me?
Everyone: Yeah.

So we all planned out what we are gonna do. A few days later, I had Sofia and Avi help me find a ring.

Avi: I thought it was gonna be easy to find a ring, but holy cow it's hard.
Kevin: Tell me about it.

We all looked around to find a perfect ring.

Sofia: Dad! Uncle Avi! What about this one?

We went over to where she was at.

Avi: Woah.
Kevin: Wow. That's a beautiful ring.
Sofia: Are you gonna get her that one?
Kevin: Yes.
Avi: We got a ring.

So I bought the ring and now everything is set.

Mitch POV
Today is the day Kevin is gonna ask Kirstin to marry him. I'm so excited. Kevin brought Sofia over to spend the night with me and Scott. We already know that we have to stick with the plan. So we all getting ready right now to head to the location where he's gonna ask.