Ch. 9 Facing Fears

Mitch POV
So Kirstin and I are heading to the hospital. A few minutes later we arrived.

Kirstin: Can someone help us? She's hurt pretty bad.

The nurses take her on the bed and took her to the back. One of the nurses led us to the waiting room. A few minutes later Avi, Scott, and Kevin arrived.

Kevin POV
Avi, Scott, and I made it to the hospital.

Kevin: Hey, have you heard anything?
Mitch: No. They just took her in the back. We have to wait.

We waited and I feel so bad. I start to tear up. Then, Kirstin comes and sit next to me.

Kirstin: Don't cry Kevin. Sofia is gonna be okay.
Kevin: I feel so bad for her. I feel like I'm a bad father.
Scott: No your not. You are an amazing dad to Sofia.
Avi: He's right.
Mitch: Yeah. Sofia loves you.
Kirstin: Yeah and we've all seen how much of an incredible father you to her. Has there ever been a dull moment?
Kevin: No.
Kirstin: How many times has she told you that she love you and how many times have you told her?
Kevin: A lot.
Kirstin: See. You are a good father. Sofia is lucky to have a father like you. You are a great father.

Kirstin gives me a hug and I hug her back. I stopped crying and we waited to hear back from the doctor. A few minutes later the doctor comes.

Kevin: How is she?
Doctor: She's fine. She's in a lot of pain from being kicked on her side, but she'll recover from it soon.
Everyone: Thank God.

That was a good sign of relief.

Avi: Can we see her?
Doctor: Sure. Right this way. She's been asking for you guys anyway.

So the doctor took us to her room and she's wide awake. I'm so happy to see her.

Kevin: Hey, kiddo.
Sofia: Hi daddy.
Scott: I'm glad you're okay.
Sofia: My side just hurts really bad.
Kirstin: I know sweetie.
Sofia: What happened to Hannah?
Avi: The principal is taking care of it.
Sofia: I'm sorry for everything guys.

Then, she began to cry. I hate seeing her cry.

Kevin: No it's okay. I'm just glad that you told us and we are glad you are okay.

I plant a kiss on her forehead. The doctor walks in the room.

Doctor: Sorry to interrupt, but Sofia is able to go home. Just make sure she doesn't do anything to wild and get plenty of rest.
Kevin: Okay, thank you doctor.
Doctor: My pleasure.

So we all left the hospital to go home. Soon as we made it home Sofia was asleep. I was gentle with her and I took her to her room and placed her on her bed gently.