Back

"Paige come on." I pulled a box out of the moving truck.

"Yeah, mom." Paige ran from the house over to me, she had her colored hair pulled back into a ponytail.

"Put these in the living room, I'll bring in these last 2." I picked them up and closed the back. I followed her up the driveway and into the house. "Ok, we will unpack tomorrow but now we eat. Get in the car."

"Food." Paige sighed happily.

"Rose, come on we're leaving!" I yelled.

Rose ran upstairs and tripped, landing at my feet. "I don't want to leave, we just got here."

"I'll buy you an extra chocolate milkshake." I helped her up and walked over to the car.

"Can I drive?" Paige asked.

"You don't know where we're going so no." I unlocked the car and opened the door for Rose.

"Mom." Paige whined.

"Whine again and I'll put you in the back with your sister." I got into the driver's seat.

Rose giggled and got into the back.

Paige huffed and got into the passenger's seat.

I started the car and began the short drive to Pop's.

"This town is already boring, it's like living Tooele all over again." Paige played on her phone.

"What are you talking about? This place looks so cool. It's right out of the 80's." Rose stared out the window.

"Are you sure she isn't a time-traveler, mom?" Paige looked back at Rose.

Rose stuck her tongue out.

I pulled into the parking lot and turned to look at them. "Keep pushing girls, I'll make you 2 share a room and turn the other one into a library."

"No." Both of them said in unison.

"Let's go." I got out of the car and walked with the girls into the diner. "Go find us a place to..."

"Samantha Smith, as I live and breath." Pop walked out from behind the counter and hugged me.

"It's not Smith any more Pop it's Halls, remember, how are you?" I stepped back and smiled.

"I'm great. Are these angels yours?" Pop smiled.

"Yes, this is Paige and Rose." I wrapped my arms around them.

"Well, why don't we get you settled?" Pop grabbed 2 regular menus and a kids menu with crayons. "Right this way ladies."