Mid

The Next Day

I finished cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast. Paige and Rose were at school and all the unpacking had got done the previous night. I walked into my room and started looking through the closet. At the back, there it was. My Southside Serpent jacket. I took it out and pulled it on. It still fit, it was a bit more snug but it still looked good on me.

There was a knock on the front door.

"Oh hell." I took my jacket off and walked out to the front door.

Alice was standing there.

"Nope." I closed the heavy wooden door.

"Samantha! Open the door!" Alice yelled.

"As my daughter would say! No U!" I went to walk away from the door.

"It's about our daughters."

I opened the door. "What do you want you Twin Peaks knockoff?"'

"Our daughters, think it's best if your little spawn stays away from my darling Betty." Alice smiled.

"I agree, wouldn't want her knowing the truth about things now would we." I went to close the door.

"One more thing."

"Actually Alice, I have a question for you. How's that little paper of yours? I remember that we both wanted to be writers and I was the only one that could get published." I smiled. "You look pretty well off though."

She scoffed. "Hal and I are doing just fine. What about you and that John guy?"

"He threatened to kill me and my oldest daughter so I knocked him over the head with the Captin Morgan bottle and took my girls, he's looking for me as we speak." I smiled.

A look of pity came across her face. "Well, are you ok?"

"I came here in hopes that my family and FP would protect me but I guess I was wrong. My family still hates me and FP..." I sighed.

Alice stepped forward and hugged me. "I didn't know."

"Never knew about anything." I stepped away from her. "There was one thing that you knew for damn sure and that was I loved FP, I still do. But you didn't care! You didn't care then and you don't care now! Get out of my house."

Alice took a deep breath and stepped back out the door, she walked over to her car, looking like she was going to cry.

"That was a bit harsh, don't you think?"

I whipped around to see FP standing in my kitchen. "What do you want?" I was about to burst into tears.

He rushed forward and hugged me. "I never stopped loving you. I'll protect your girls from that ass hat."

Tears started streaming down my face and I felt like falling to the floor.

FP held me up. "You'll be ok. I'll make it ok."