Bad

A few weeks later

A storm raged outside but the girls and I ignored it, we were to busy laughing while we made pancakes.

My phone started ringing, it was Fred. "Hey, what's up?"

"The police just arrested FP for the murder of Jason Blossom." He spoke.

I scoffed and stepped into the living room. "FP would never actually kill anyone, let alone a kid that's the same age as 2 of his kids."

"Yeah and Jughead took off, no one can find him." Fred spoke.

There was a knock on the front door.

"That might be him. Call me if anything else happens." I walked over to the door.

"Sure thing."

I ended the call and opened the door, I was right. "Jughead, hi. Come in sweet heart, Fred just called and told me about FP." I stepped to the side. "You look like you're freezing. The girls and I were just making some late night pancakes."

He stepped in. "I'm sorry, I didn't know where else to go. I'll only be here for a bit."

"Well you can stay as long as you need to. Come eat." I closed the door and walked with Jughead into the kitchen. "Girls..."

Paige was squeezing chocolate syrup into Rose's mouth.

"Girls." I stared at them.

"Sorry mom." Paige put the syrup down.

"Eat a pancake Juggie." Rose said.

He smiled a bit and picked up a plate.

"Here." I placed 2 pancakes on his plate.

"Jughead." Paige handed him the whip cream.

He looked for something on the counter.

"Corn Syrup?" I pulled a bottle out from next to the stove. "It's your dad's favorite. One time we actually dyed it red and threw it on Fred Andrews and his girlfriend Hermione."

Jug took the syrup and drowned his pancakes in it. "You seem to know my dad pretty well. How did you guys meet?"

"Oof, that's a whole can of worms. I guess we've known each other since Jr. High, he was the bad boy that everyone would swoon over. Very dangerous. I was walking around on the Southside one really cold night and almost got jumped by some girls I went to school with. Your dad was in the right place at the right time, he saved my ass. Later on we dated for a few year, on and off. Until he cheated on me with my sister." I took a bite of my pancake. "Alice didn't even apologize."

Jughead stared at me. "Yeah I know how that goes. Betty is something else..."

"Good luck with that." I rolled my eyes.

"Then what happened, mom?" Rose asked.

"FP cried, crocodile tears, he pleaded for me to take him back. I left, not planning on coming back. But 18 years ago, I did and that is how our beautiful Paige came to be."