Food

I smiled as Paige and Rose played tic tack toe together.

"Where do you boys wanna sit?"

"Let's just sit over here."

4 guys took the booth across from us, I didn't pay attention at first but then started to recognize one of the voices. I looked over to see FP sitting with Fred, I stared a moment before darting my eyes away.

"Mom, what is it? Do you know them?" Rose asked.

Paige looked over at stared at the boy sitting next to FP, I assumed it was his son and the red-head next to Fred was his.

I snapped my fingers. "Don't stare it's..."

"Sam? Is that you?" Fred question.

I smiled and turned a bit. "Fred, I thought that was you."

FP froze and stared at me. "You still look like Rachel from Friends."

"And you still look like the psychopath from Scream, what's your point?" I sipped on my milkshake.

Fred started laughing.

"Holy crap dad, you do."

"Ahh shut it Jughead." FP put his arm over his son.

"Are these gorgeous girls yours?" Fred asked.

"Yep, this is my oldest, Paige, she's 17. She's on her last year of high school. And this is Rose, she's 6 and in 1st grade." I smiled.

"I'm Archie, I'm Fred's son. Are you going to Riverdale High or Southside High?" The red-headed boy asked.

"You're pretty." Rose smiled at Archie.

Paige rolled her eyes before she looked over at him and smiled. "Southside, there are more bad boys there." She scoffed and took out her phone.

"Oooh, bad boys? I remember your mom also ran with the rough crowd. Isn't that right FP?" Fred turned to him.

"What does he mean, mom?" Paige stared at me.

"She used to run with the Southside Serpents, I'm sure you'll meet some at your school. It's a tough crowd of kids so stick with them or you fall in with the Ghoulies and that would not be a good time." FP reached over and put his hand on Paige's shoulder.

"Well it was nice catching up with you guys but we've got to get going, we have a bit of unpacking to do before we can sleep tonight." I picked up my bag.

"Why don't we come over and help you?" Fred asked.

"Maybe tomorrow, it's already pretty late." I smiled and tried to get out of there as soon as I could. "You are always welcome at my home Fred, you too Archie. As for Jughead, I pray that you take after your mother."

Paige and Rose walked out the door.

"Thank you, Pop. It's was perfect." I handed him the money for our meal.

"Have a nice night Samantha." Pop called after me as I went out the door.

I unlocked the car and the girls got in.

"Hey, Sam."

I turned to see FP. I looked back at my girls, they were settled in the car with doors closed. "What do you want FP?"

"Paige, she's gorgeous. Is she..."

I scoffed. "Yours? Damn right she is and if you go near her ever I'll make sure she knows exactly who you are and what deadbeat you are."

"Sam I..."

I got into my car and slammed the door.