Part 9 Getting closer

JaeHee woke up to the smell of coffee and the smell of eggs being fried. She didn't think sleeping with Seung Hyun on the same bed would still give her the same feels after all these years. She slept far too comfortably in an unknown place.

She turned to look at the clock. 9.27am. Not too bad. She rolled off the bed and went towards the stairs where she peeked down to get a glance of the kitchen. There stood Seung Hyun in his pajamas, cooking a decent breakfast for his love.

JaeHee smiled at the sight of him being the same sweet boyfriend as before. She turned back to the bathroom and got washed up, using Seung Hyun's toothpaste, facial wash and extra toothbrush.

Morning oppa.

She said as she skipped down the stairs. Seung Hyun was already sitting at the island holding on to his phone.

He looked up and gave JaeHee a weak smile before looking back down on his phone and frowning as he scrolled through some stuff.

Oppa what's wrong?

JaeHee asked as she tried to peek over Seung Hyun's shoulder. Seung Hyun turned off his phone immediately and sighed, sliding it back into his pocket.

Nothing much... Just... News.

He lied. JaeHee clearly knew he was lying but she kept silent about it.

I just need him to mention something about his father. It's the only way I can continue my mission.

JaeHee thought as she sat down opposite Seung Hyun.

But please don't do it oppa... I don't want to continue this stupid task.

Her other voice came in, making her feel weak. She tried her best to control her facial expressions as she picked up the cup of coffee in front of her and sipped it.

My favourite coffee. It's just a coincidence, he can't possibly remember my favourite coffee after so long.

She thought.

Got you your favourite. I still remember it so vividly... The first time you drank it and fell in love with it.

Seung Hyun suddenly said, as though he was reading her mind. JaeHee turned to look at the counter top which clearly had an opened packet of her all time favourite coffee.

She smiled shyly as she continued sipping on the drink.

Are you like... Going to go anywhere today? Like... schedules?

She asked as she placed her cup down. Seung Hyun looked up from his phone and stared at her for a while.

Uh... Y-yeah... Sorry... I'll be leaving in two hours time. Wanna come along?

He asked, hoping to make JaeHee feel better. JaeHee's eyes widened a little as she cocked her head. She pointed her finger to herself.

Me?! Go along with you?

She said in a rather loud voice, making Seung Hyun move back a little. She noticed his reaction and lowered her volume.

I mean, you're like a celebrity now so... I don't know... Will it be okay?

She fiddled with her fingers under the table, hoping for the answer she wanted.

Yeah, sure. It's just my dad's office. Pretty normal. You've been there many times when we were in high school.

Seung Hyun comforted her, at least he thought. Voices were screaming inside her mind.

Holy fuck! This dumbass man. Now you can get the job done and over with. Get into the office take what you need and get your ass back to Japan.