Part 20 Peace... Or So

What do you mean?

JaeHee asked, still pretending to not know anything.

I already know. Just say it.

Seung Hyun said with a much calmer voice. JaeHee thought for a while then sighed.

Okay... Fine. I have been working as a secret agent since I left for Japan. The pay was high... I swear that was the only reason I left.

JaeHee said. Seung Hyun frowned but let her continue.

The only reason I'm telling you this is because Hyun Joon, who was supposed to help me, had turned his back on me.

JaeHee said.

So what's your true motive of coming here? I knew you wouldn't have recognized me that easily when you showed up at the hotel.

Seung Hyun wanted to make her spill the truth without compelling her.

I... I had to take this box thingy from your dad's office... I only agreed because I needed money. I was chosen because they knew I had a relationship with you in the past. They guessed that it was best for me to do the mission since I knew you well...

JaeHee admitted. Seung Hyun nodded.

So who are the "they" you mentioned? Hyun Joon? Or Mister Christopher Black?

Seung Hyun said, giving JaeHee a shock of her life.

How do you know Mr Black?

She asked. Seung Hyun chuckled a little.

My father's company is under a lot of danger from the outside. Ever since he started his research, everything became worse. I did my own research and I found out about Mr Black and his little company full of secret agents.

Seung Hyun said.

The thing is... I didn't knkw you would become one of them... Your acting... Really fooled me, I must say.

Seung Hyun said with a smile. JaeHee started to feel a little scared.

How is he smiling at a time like this? Where him and his father's life could be at stake?!

JaeHee thought. Seung Hyun stood up from the couch and buttoned up his shirt.

I know you like my abs. Mind to stop staring?

He said playfully. JaeHee gave herself a slap internally when she realised where her eyes had been throughout their awkward conversation.

I-I wasn't looking!! Yah!!

JaeHee defended, only to have Seung Hyun ignoring her. JaeHee cursed under her breath.

---

A few hundred miles away

I'm sorry Mr Black.

Hyun Joon said as he tried to pull the ropes off his legs without hurting his hands.

You little wrench!! Who ever allowed you to fail?! Such a simple task and you can't even manage it!!

Mr Black screamed from the other side of the line. Hyun Joon sighed and apologised once again.

I will send more people. This time, make sure you get it done. I'm putting you in charge only because you had experience on the actual ground. Don't get complacent C24.