Part 17 New Ability

As JaeHee was about to sprint into the bedroom, the person she was running for blocked her way.

O-Oppa... How did you...

JaeHee stammered. Seung Hyun chuckled and picked her up bridal style. JaeHee couldn't struggle herself out of some supernatural grip so she kept screaming for Seung Hyun to let her go.

Seung Hyun put JaeHee down on the bed and sat beside her. But in an instant, JaeHee stood back up again.

Tell me. How did you run from the bathroom to here so quickly?

She asked. Seung Hyun smiled.

Don't forget. I have super speed and super strength.

He smirked. JaeHee rolled her eyes and sat back down beside him.

I decided to not be afraid of you sucking my blood out.

She said as she leaned back to lay down. Seung Hyun did the same and laid down.

If your wounds recover so quickly, do you actually get ill?

JaeHee continued her interrogation.

Yeah... Vampires need blood to stay "healthy". The blood helps boost our immune system. I can actually get sick if I live without blood for too long.

Seung Hyun replied calmly.

Have you ever gotten sick?

JaeHee asked again.

During my tour in Japan, I couldn't possibly bring blood bags with me and not get caught. So I lived without blood for just one week of the tour and eventually got sick. (Reference to part 1 of this book)

Seung Hyun sighed. JaeHee nodded a little.

So blood cures you when you're ill?

Seung Hyun nodded.

I can also recover by myself. But it'll just take a little longer.

JaeHee pursed her lips, then headed on to ask

Is there anything else other than fast healing, UV lights, strength and speed, blood addict and crazy hearing skills, that you vampires have? Like what other sort of traits do you have?

JaeHee asked, plainly just to confirm what she had read in the documents by his father.

Well... I have eternity life, and I can't taste anything except blood which are either bitter, sweet or sour.
Seung Hyun said. JaeHee's eyes widened.

That's why he couldn't taste the poison... (Reference to part 4 & 5 of this book)

JaeHee thought.

But there ARE some things that I have yet to discover, I presume. There's still a lot for me to find out since I've been trying hard to stay safe. You know, not do anything stupid... And I think I should take a bath...

Seung Hyun said as he stood up and made his way to the bathroom. He pulled off his bloody shirt and jeans and flung them into the laundry basket.

Once he was done showering, he out on his favourite red checkered pajamas and headed to the bedroom where JaeHee was still laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Yah! Follow me.

Seung Hyun called from the door. JaeHee got up lazily and followed Seung Hyun.

You're not bringing me here so that you can kill me secretly, right?

JaeHee asked as they entered the basement. Seung Hyun chuckled and shook his head. He went over to a large refrigerator at the corner of the room and pulled the door open.