Special Chapter: Ray X Zack (10K Reads!)

Requested by Animeforliiifesister and also a celebration for this book! It already reached over 10K! I'm so happy that all of you enjoy this book so much!

Thank you for always leaving a vote in every chapter!

Let's try to hit 100K next!

Hope you enjoy this chapter 😊

[EDITED]

※«~~~*****~~~»※

"Shut the fuck up!"

Rachel frowned. "I'm just trying to help you," she said. "I don't need your help!" Zack shouted, glaring at her. Lowering her hand, she let out a sigh. "It will be best if you could tell me what is wrong," she said. He growled and pushed her away from him. "I said shut the fuck up! It is nothing important!" he yelled. He had been acting weird lately, by easily losing focus and being too quiet. It was out of his character for him to be as quiet as he is the noisy one. She was trying to ask him what is wrong, but he refused to say anything about it, he only yelled at her to stop asking the same question.

She was worried for him and his health conditions might take a turn for the worst. Yes, he had not slept at all for past few days after that one night, where Ray found him turning on the couch, sweating. She had thought that Zack might be having a nightmare, but she could not help him if he will not tell her what it is.

Ray looked at him, once again in his own world. "Zack," she called; he ignored her. "Zack!" she raised her voice. He snapped out from his thought train, and glared at her. "What?" he yelled annoyed. "Why won't you tell me?" she asked. He hesitated as she could see his hand, which is holding the scythe, was shaking. "It's none of your business, brat!" he yelled, walking away from her. This will be hard to force it out from him.

※«~~~*****~~~»※

It was nighttime and Ray decided to check on Zack, who normally spent his time outside of the house, to prevent him from sleeping. She followed him into a forest and hid behind a tree, watching over him. She watched Zack release his anger on the trees by repeatedly swinging his scythes blade against it. What is bothering him? Soon, he finished releasing his anger and panting.

Maybe this was the perfect time to talk with him.

"Zack." Zack jumped, before turning to find Rachel. Lowering his scythe, he narrowed his eyes at her. "Were you following me?" he asked and she nodded her head. "Could you tell me about the nightmare, which is bothering you?" he growled, she had been asking the same question since morning. "It's nothing! Stop bothering me or I'll kill you!" he yelled. "Will you? You didn't kill me even though we already escaped." he clicked his tongue. She was right about that. He broke the promise by saying he need her, as she might be useful if the police caught him or anything he does not know what to do. "Just leave me alone," he said.

"But-"

"Are you deaf? I said leave me alone, you fucking brat!" Zack yelled, glaring at her. As usual, Ray did not flinch from his glare but took a step forward. "Why?" she asked. "Why do you want to know?" he ask, narrowing his eyes. "I care about you, Zack," she said simply. He surprised but hide the expression away with his usual face. "Why should you care about me?" he ask. "You say you need me. Does that mean...you want a friend?" he laughed, making her confused. "Friend? I don't need a friend! Who would want to be friends with a monster anyway!" she frowned.

Is that what Zack thought of himself?

"You're not a monster." Ray said. Then, a hand grabbed her by the collar, lifting her from the ground. "Liar! That's what people say! I'm a monster to all of them but it's way better than being a fucking useless being like them!" Zack yelled. "You're wrong! A monster does not have a heart but you have a heart, Zack! You always worry about me!" she said. "It's because you're useful to me! Like a tool!" he yelled. Then, his eyes widened when he realized what he just said to her.

Tool.

"You're just a convenient tool."

That word...How he hate that word so much. "Zack?" Ray asked. He growled and pushed her away. It was her fault. Because of her, he had been getting the same nightmare repeatedly. That night when that fucking old woman ordered him to bury the other children's bodies. "Is it about that night?" and his eyes widened in shock. "I know it. It is about that night. Is it not? That man and woman..." she said, watching his reaction.

"Shut up."

"That woman ordered you to go to the backyard."

"Shut up!"

"And told you to bury the dead bodies."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Zack yelled, swinging his scythe. Ray stopped talking and glanced at her cheek, seeing the blade just grazed against it, forming a cut. His body was shaking; thinking of that memory was a tragedy past. "I'm not a tool..." he mumbled, lifting his head. "Then, what are you?" He looked at her, trying to think of an answer. "I..." he said. His hands were shaking and Ray noticed it, before placing her hand on his, making him look at her. He was about to shout at her not to touch him but she beat him to it. "Zack, the past is in the past. You should not let it get to you. This is the present. You can change the future ahead of you," she said.

"What-"

"What I'm saying is...you're not a tool, a monster or anything. You are Zack and you can do anything you want. Don't let anyone stop you or order you around." Ray said, smiling. His eyes widened from her words and he lowered his scythe before letting out a sigh. "I don't know what are you talking about, Ray." he said, showing a small smile. Then, he did something unexpected. He pulled her into a hug with one arm around her. She surprised and he leaned near her ear. "Thank you," he whispered. This was a shock. He never been kind to anyone, he had never thanked anyone. This was new to her.

"You're welcome, Zack."

※«~~~*****~~~»※

I have to be honest. After watching the fifth episode of Satsuriku No Tenshi, it gave me a lot of idea that might help me in this book like this.

I was thinking of what if I use his past as a nightmare for him because he seem don't want to remember anything about that at all.

Also, I'm very sorry if I accidentally make Zack sound OOC a bit. If not, then good!