Zack X Blind! Reader

Requested by MidnightDragneel

Forgive me if I did any mistakes based on grammar or spelling error or any part which didn't make any sense (if I have)

Hope you enjoy this chapter 😊

※«~~~*****~~~»※

"Is she okay?"

Rachel spun, looking at her partner, who stood near the door with his back leaning against the wall. She nodded, wiping her hands with a cloth. "For the time being, her condition is stable but it would be our best decision if we send her to the hospital." Rachel answered. Without a word, Zack just nodded his head. His heterochromia eyes stared at the feminine body laying on the bed, which was covering with a blanket. From his position, he could see the bandage was wrapped around her face; mostly covering her eyes.

"How long is she going to awake?"

She blinked her eyes, starting to count the possibility of [Y/n] to wake up in her head. "Maybe a few hours or worst, days." She answered, and then approaching him. "It wasn't your fault, Zack." She added, whispering those words. With that, she left the room and Zack was still staring at the floor beneath him. His hands clenched into a fist as his eyes were burning with hatred. Not toward anyone but himself. He should be careful of his surrounding when releasing his anger in the forest. On the second thought, why was she in the forest? If she wanted to drag him into the house, she shouldn't do that!

"Damn it!" He cursed, hitting the wall beside him. It was truly his fault. He doesn't know how to express his twisted feeling inside of him. Was it guilt? Whatever it was, he hate it. He hate having this feeling and he wanted to get rid of it as fast as he could. Gritting his teeth, he grabbed the scythe and rested over his shoulder before leaving the room. He walked away, ignoring Rachel, who was standing not further from the room. She watched him walking away with different emotion showing in his eyes. She knew one of them was guilty but Zack wasn't a person who felt guilty for his action. If he did, it would be his first time of experiencing this sudden emotion.

"It wasn't your fault, Zack." She whispered to herself, knowing no one would listen to her words. With that, she walked downstairs and heading to the kitchen, looking for any leftover medicine that might be useful for [Y/n].

※«~~~*****~~~»※

Why was it so dark?

[Y/n] was confused of why she couldn't see anything except the darkness. She tried to blink her eyes but hissing in pain as soon as she blinked them. Well, that could be her answer to her question of whether she was fully awake or not. Then, she started to push her upper body forward, creating a sitting position before turning her head from left to right. She wanted to know her location but without her eyesight, she couldn't guess where she was until hearing a knock from the left side.

"I see you're awake."

"Is that you, Rachel?" [Y/n] asked, turning her head towards the voice. She listened to the footsteps, which starting to become louder and stopped beside her. Then, she felt a hand placed on her own. "It's me, [Y/n]. How are you?" Rachel replied, questioning her condition. "Well, I can't see anything." [Y/n] answered, shrugging her shoulders. She kept thinking what happened to her eyesight before feeling Rachel moved her hand to her eyes. How does she know that? Well, [Y/n] could feel the pressure on her eyes but instead of feeling a hand, she felt something different like . . . a bandage.

"R-Rachel? W-What happened?" [Y/n] asked, hoping what she was thinking wasn't the truth. Rachel stared at her, realizing she was starting to know the truth. "I'll inform Zack." Rachel said, avoiding her question. Before Rachel could left the room, [Y/n] quickly reaching out for her hand and luckily, she managed to grab her friend's hand. "Tell me, Rachel!" Rachel frowned, knowing her friend was starting to feel scared. "I'll be back." With that, Rachel moved [Y/n]'s hand away and left the room, calling for Zack. [Y/n] rubbed her hands, which was a habit when she started to feel scared of something. She refused to believe it but with the bandage wrapped around her head, she could guessing what happened but the question was how did she lost her eyesight?

"Are you alright, [Y/n]?!" Zack. That voice was Zack's.

"I'll leave you two alone." Then, she heard the door closed, meaning Rachel just left them alone in the room. Both of them didn't say a word for few minutes until [Y/n] decided to ask him a question. "What happened?" She whispered. Zack lifted his head, noticing she was staring at him but not with her eyes. She was using her hearing to locate the sound from anywhere but might not be able to give an accurate answer. "You had an accident." He answered. "W-What kind of accident?" She questioned.

He couldn't tell her but he had to. She deserved to know the truth but . . . what would her expression be?

Then, Zack felt a hand on his cheek, which snapped him out from his thought. "You need to tell me, Zack." She said, softly. In response to that, he let out a sigh. "What do you remember?" She tilted her head, trying to remember the past event before she woke up. Soon, she remembered something. "You went into the forest and . . . I followed you." She answered. He nodded even though she couldn't see him doing it. Looks like she didn't had an amnesia, which was a good thing. "Well, that was the dumbest idea you ever did." Zack stated. "What should I do?! It was getting night time! You can't expect me to leave you alone!" She said, raising her voice.

"Still, you shouldn't come for me! Look what happened next?! Fucking lose your eyesight!"

She froze, hearing what he just spoke. "You . . . attacked me . . ." She muttered in shock. He looked away, clicking his tongue. "Yell at me if you want. I don't fucking care if you hate me for the rest of your boring life." He said, waiting for her to be angry at him. Unfortunately, there wasn't any yelling except a pair of arms wrapped around his torso, pulling him into a hug. His eyes widened in shock due to her action. "I don't hate you, Zack." She whispered.

Zack growled. "Why . . ." He asked, and then he pushed her away. "You have rights to be mad at me! You lost your fucking eyesight because of me!" Without her eyesight, [Y/n] could tell he was feeling guilty for his action and she knew it was his first time, dealing this type of emotion. 

"Life is all about evolution. What looks like a mistake to others has been a milestone in my life. Even if people have betrayed me, even if my heart was broken, even if people misunderstood or judged me, I have learned from these incidents. We are human and we make mistakes, but learning from them is what makes the difference."

Zack raised his eyebrow at her words but shocked when seeing her having a smile upon her face. "That's what my Mom always say to me. People makes their mistake but soon, they learned from their mistakes to become a better person." She explained. "So, stop blaming at yourself, Zack." His eyes widened and soon, he let out sigh while having a smile on her face. "You're really a weird girl." He stated and she chuckled at his response. "Maybe that's a reason of why you love me?" She grinned.

"Maybe . . ."

"Then, take some candies for me!"

"Only for today. Just because you're blind, it doesn't mean I'll follow your fucking order."

[Y/n] smiled. "At least, I get to order you around for a day." She said and he rolled his eyes at her.

"Whatever you say."

※«~~~*****~~~»※

Remember to vote if you like it :D