10: Valerie Ricci

OC Category; Marvel Cinematic Universe OC

Basic Information

Name; Valerie Ricci
Nickname; Val, V
Codename; Phoenix

Age; 24
Birthday; April 16th
Zodiac sign; Aries {The Ram}

Location; New York City, near Avengers Tower. Living in an apartment close by.
Born in; Verona, Italy

~
Physical Appearance

Hair Color; Black with the tips dyed crimson red
Hair length; Mid-back
Eye color; Brown {normal}, Bright Orange {when Powers are activated}
Skin tone; Medium
Body shape; Hourglass
Weight; 126 pounds
Height; 5'6

Casual outfit; A red v-neck, black skinny jeans, orange and yellow bracelets, black converse high tops.
Working Outfit/mission outfit; Dark red leather coat that fades to yellow and orange on the bottom. Black sneakers, black leggings, dark red t-shirt. Hair is either in ponytail or braid.

~
Interests and Relationships

Likes;
-Fire/Flames
-S'mores
-Adventuring to new places
-Trying new things
-winning fights/missions
-Proving people wrong
-Being sarcastic
-Spicy food
-Challenges
-Animals
-Singing
-Dancing
-Cuddling
-Doing her own thing
Dislikes;
-The water
-Tomatoes
-losing
-Sour food
-White chocolate
-Being told to sit something out
-Being told to relax
-Talking about her past
-Being trapped
-Being unable to finish/complete her mission
-Short dresses/skirts
-Perverts

Fears;
The Ocean/Drowning; Valerie doesn't know how to swim and she absolutely hates it. This led to a deep fear of the ocean and its inhabitants. She also fears about becoming trapped underwater and drowning. It also is because it makes her useless because of her powers.
People knowing more about her than she about them; If somebody knows more about Valerie than she knows about them, she gets very uneasy and nervous.

Family;
-Antonio {father}
-Sofia {mother}
-Nicole {older sister, 26}
Friends;
-Her older sister
-Gabriella {best friend, also an agent}
-Carol Danvers {later on}
-Wanda Maximoff {later on}
-Peter Parker {later on}
-Vision {later on}
-Thor {later on}
-Natasha {later on}
-Shuri {later on}
-T'challa {later on}
No Opinion;
-Maria Hill
-Nick Fury
-Bruce Banner
-Clint Barton {later becomes like a fatherly figure}
-Pepper Potts
-Stephen Strange
Dislikes;
-Loki
-Tony Stark
-Steve Rogers

Crush; Wanda Maximoff, Thor, or Carol Danvers {MAIN}

~
History/Backstory and Personality

History; Valerie was born in a closed off area of Verona that was owned by the Italian government. Both her parents and older sister were agents that worked under a special branch of the government, mostly in hacking and dismantling other governments. She was homeschooled and trained to be an agent like her family and by age 8 knew Karate, Tai Chi, and various other Martial Arts. By age 13, she knew how to hack into mostly anything and started going on missions by age 14. She did small missions, some hacking, some stealing, one or two assisted assassinations. Soon after she began missions, the government branch wanted to...extend its reaches. Being able to fight and hack simply wasn't enough. So they chose 7 participants and began experimenting with their bodies, seeing what they could handle. Of course, Valerie was one of the participants. They altered her hands and her mind while also giving her body enhanced endurance. The other participants went through similar and also different experiments, one even dying in the process. After three months however, her power finally showed; Fire control.
Things changed after the Avengers formed. The branch of the military she worked under both got worried that they'd come after them and wanted the power and resources that they had. They quickly sent many agents out to many different countries. Her sister was sent to South Korea while she got sent at age 17 with another girl to possibly the most dangerous area to be; New York City, and right near the Avengers Tower too. She was sent with a girl named Gabriella, another participant who could teleport. The two mainly lie low but go on the occasional mission.

Personality; Valerie has a very feisty personality. She follows her heart rather than her head, acting out of impulse and emotion rather than thought and strategy. This can get her in trouble but can also be the determiner of life or death, since she is good at making split second decisions. She is very sarcastic and can tend to butt heads with people who either are too sarcastic {Tony Stark} or don't have much tolerance for it {Steve Rogers}. She gets angry very easily and can snap at whomever, blurting out things she doesn't mean to say. She'd rather be angry than sad but if she shuts down instead of blowing up, she's reached her breaking point. When upset, she'll quickly exclude herself from any and every activity. She'll also be hyper focused on every small detail she makes.
Even with these quirks, Valerie has a heart of gold. She cares deeply for those she considers her friends and is extremely protective over them. She tries to help them through any problem or at least be there for them so they don't suffer alone. She has a soft spot for little kids and animals {and for Vision, simply because he has the mentality of a child sometimes}.
In a relationship, Valerie gives everything she has to her partner. She showers them with love and affection and gifts all the time, constantly reminding them how much she loves them. She is also very open to sitting down and working out issues rather than ending the relationship on some petty note. The only real issue Valerie has in a relationship is she can sometimes jump to conclusions in her mind and get jealous.

~
Powers and Abilities

Power; Pyrokinesis {Fire Manipulation}
Abilities;
-Can shoot fire from her hands
-Can melt things by touching them
-Can make wings of Fire
-Can breathe smoke
Signature Attack; "Rising Phoenix" {Valerie summons two large birds of fire that use heat signatures to lock onto a specific target. They will pursue unless Valerie calls them off or they are destroyed otherwise. This attack takes up a lot of power so Valerie needs time to gather her strength back after this attack}
Drawbacks;
-She must use her power in moderation because using it too long can result in her body temperature rising drastically, which can lead to fever, heat stroke, and dehydration.
-Breathing too much smoke can make her cough and hack. She isn't immune to it either.
-Her power can vary depending on the emotion she is feeling when using it {this chart goes from a scale of 0% to 100%}
•Sadness {55-60%}
•Anger {90%}
•Happiness {70%}
•Calm {90-100%}
•Surprised {30%}
•Jealously/Envy {50%}
•Pride {100%}

~
Extra

-Valerie can speak fluent English, Spanish, Italian, Korean, and German.
-She can switch between being a top and bottom in intercourse.
-Valerie is bisexual.
-Valerie curses. A lot.
-She rarely bites her tongue for people but it is possible.
-Valerie can play many instruments (Violin, Piano, Drums, Flute) but the guitar and ukulele are her favorites.
-She doesn't do any missions without Gabriella in case things go south and they need to teleport away.
-Gabriella works as a barista in a nearby coffee shop, even though their branch of government gives them more than enough money to survive.
-She hasn't talked to her family since she left Italy, for safety purposes.