16: Mikayla Connor

OC Category; The Umbrella Academy OC

~
🍒
"Forty-three of us were born. Your father only got seven. Did you ever wonder what happened to the others?"
🍒
~

First Name; Mikayla
Middle Name; Julianna
Last Name; Connor
Nickname; Kayla, Mika, Fish
Age; Same as the other seven
Gender; Female
Sexuality; Bisexual

~
🍒
"You guys really are some fucked up assholes, huh?"
🍒
~

Hair Color;  Brown
Hair Length; To Mid-Back
Eye Color; Green
Skin Color; Fair
Height; 5'6
Weight; 133 pounds
Scars?; None
Tattoo's?; A cherry on her ankle
Piercings?; Her ears
Face Claim; Hannah John-Kamen

Hair Color;  BrownHair Length; To Mid-BackEye Color; GreenSkin Color; FairHeight; 5'6Weight; 133 poundsScars?; NoneTattoo's?; A cherry on her anklePiercings?; Her earsFace Claim; Hannah John-Kamen

~🍒"So what if she's "normal", "ordinary"? Nobody is ordinary, everyone has something that makes them special

~
🍒
"So what if she's "normal", "ordinary"? Nobody is ordinary, everyone has something that makes them special. Powers don't make you guys extraordinary- they make you stuck-up freaks."
🍒
~

Personality; Mikayla is a blunt, stubborn, and sarcastic woman, to put it simply. She doesn't hesitate to call people out on their bullshit, especially if they're being rude. She's not one to keep her mouth shut and it can get her into pretty bad situations. Some could even say she has anger issues.
Even though she's a hard ass most of the time, she does have a softer side. Mikayla hates to see anybody being left out or picked on, especially for the stupidest things. She feels protective over these people, especially over Vanya for how her siblings treat her. She tries to be there for people and give advice, although it usually gets lost in her anger for whatever people did to that person.
Likes;
-cherries
-animals
-swimming
-sweets
-talking
-protecting others
-spending time with her family
-making friends
-sarcasm
-fighting
-cuddling her S/O
-giving compliments
-the harp
-classical and pop music
Dislikes;
-rude people
-losing
-abusers
-spring
-bugs
-being taunted
-the color red
-anything too bitter
-people only wanting to be her friend for her powers
-rock music
Backstory; Just like the other forty-two children born that day, Mikayla was born to a woman in England who hadn't been previously pregnant. It shocked the family and her mother didn't want her. Yet, the woman's husband and other daughter did. Her father and sister managed to change her mothers mind for the time being and Mikayla stayed with the family.
For four years, everything was fine until her "father" overheard her mother telling Mikayla how she wasn't wanted and should've been left at the hospital. It lit a bomb and a custody battle ensued, with their parents getting a divorce. It was two years before the decision was final, but her father luckily won custody of both her and her sister.
At seven years old, her powers began to show. It started when she went to wash her hands and the minute the water hit her hands, it began to float around the room. Mikayla was scared to see her fingernails glowing blue and screamed, causing the water to drop just as her father and sister rushed into the room. She was frightened of her powers but her father was able to calm her down. He reached out to Reginald Hargreeves but, when hearing that he wanted to buy his daughter, he cursed him out and hung up.
Her father and sister trained her by themselves to the best of their ability. By age fourteen, she was able to control her powers very well. She had also learned of the Umbrella Academy and yearned to meet them, although her father still held a grudge against Reginald Hargreeves. It would be another ten years before she finally met one of them; Vanya Hargreeves.
She had moved to the same city the Academy was in at 23 and went to one of Vanya's shows on a whim. She was awestruck by how well they all played and managed to strike a conversation with Vanya about their instruments; the violin and the harp. At the time, she had no idea that she was Vanya Hargreeves and they grew to be close friends.

~
🍒
"You had daddy issues, I had mommy issues. Guess we complete each other!~"
🍒
~

Superhero Name; Ocean
Power; Water Control
Abilities;
-can change the temperature of water
-can change the forms (liquid, solids, gas)
-can bend water (make it float, carry things, etc)
Drawbacks;
-If she loses focus at any time, her powers could go astray and cause the water to flood, overheat, or more.
-There has to be a suitable water source nearby. She can't just control a puddle- there has to be pipes, an ocean, river, rain, or something.
-If she transforms water to a different state, it transforms back to its original state when she stops using her powers.
Changes to body; Her fingernails glow blue whenever she uses her powers.

~
🍒
"I know I might not be able to help you. Hell, I might make it worse....but I at least want to try."
🍒
~

Crush; Vanya {Main}, Diego {backup}
Family;
-Julia Connor {Mother, age 56}
-Andrew Connor {Father, age 57}
-Clarissa Connor {Sister, age 34}

~
🍒
"I'm here for you, no matter what. Ignore what they say; you're extraordinary to me."
🍒
~

Extra;
-She went to college for journalism and music.
-She works as a journalist and barista.
-She tries not to get caught up in fighting crime but if something strikes a nerve in her, she'll go take care of it and flee the scene, leaving no evidence behind.
-She has an apartment a few blocks from Vanya.
-She owns a German Shepherd named Cola {Female}.

~
🍒
"I guess we'll see what the future holds together, hm?"
🍒
~