Chapter one Part one

Chapter one, part one

11 Years Later

(Season 4)

"Hey, you think this could be a case?" Alex looked up from the newspaper she was holding, looking across the room to where her father sat at a desk, his favorite type of whiskey in hand. "Dad," she groaned, drawing out the 'a', when she didn't get a reply.

"Yes?" Crowley asked looking up. "Are you still thinking about going off on your own to be a hunter?"

"Well yea, and I'm not going to be alone. I'll bring Leo." Alex patted the now-fully-grown Hellhound laying across her lap.

"I still don't approve of this. Why be a hunter? You're the type of thing hunters would be hunting!" Alex didn't even get a chance to reply before Crowley continued to lecture her in hope of convincing her to stay at his mansion. "And what if the angels get to you?"

"Dad, I'm a hell of a lot stronger than those winged moonkeys. If anything threatening gets in my way, I'll kill 'em. Simple. Now, will you please listen to me?" Alex tried giving her father her best puppy-dog look, hoping to soften him up. Not like it's your choice anyhow. I'm twenty, I can do what I want.

"Still don't understand why you would want to help people. They're just stupid humans," Crowley muttered pouring himself another drink. "But yes, continue, what is it?"

Alex smiled looking down to read from the paper, "Stratton, Nebraska. Man gets killed in a locked room, inside a locked house. No signs of forced entry. Sounds ghosty huh?"

"Yes, I suppose it does. Do you even know what you're doing?" Crowley rolled his eyes.

"Yes, I do. Iron and salt for like, defending yourself against ghosts and to put them to rest you burn the bones, correct?" Alex placed the newspaper beside her on the couch then crossed her arms.

Crowley heaved a sigh, "Yes. But how will you get information about this 'ghost'" He was determined to find a way to force Alex to stay home.

"Use force?" Alex shrugged. "Also, stop trying to convince me to stay here. Can't you just support my decision? If I don't like hunting I'll stop, okay? It's just one case." She gave Crowley her puppy look again.

"Ugh. Fine. But only one." Crowley sighed in defeat. Alex's puppy eyes always get me. I'm a king! I shouldn't be so soft.

"Thank you!" Alex pushed Leo off of her lap and skipped over to Crowley to hug him, nearly spilling his drink.

"Yes, yes, now go on get out of here before I change my mind."

~

Alex trudged up to the blue two acre farm the victim had lived in, feet aching. "Why the Hell did I think it was a good idea to leave the car somewhere and walk all the way here?" She had had an idea to leave her car far away from the farmhouse so that while she investigated no one saw her car there and got her arrested. She turned around when she realized her companion wasn't at her side,"Oh come on Leo it's not that much farther. If I can handle it, you can handle it." Alex chuckled as Leo whined and slowly padded up to her.

"Come on buddy, let's get this done before my feet fall off." Alex muttered as they approached the front door of the house. Alex reached for the door handle and frowned when it didn't budge. "Oh, of course it's locked." She hissed. Alex let go of the handle, concentrating on what a lockpick looks like.

She smirked when one appeared in her hand, "The perks of being an antichrist" She strolled inside and locked the door behind her, just in case. "Alright," She smiled looking around the empty house. "Showtime."