Chapter sixteen

Chapter 16

         “Hey, where are you?” Gabriel asked on the other end of the phone call.

         “Madison, Wisconsin.” Alex answered, holding the phone with one hand and driving with the other. “I found a case, I’m going to kill the djinn now.”

         “Okay. Want me to come?”

         “Nah, it’s fine. It shouldn’t take long.” Alex shook her head even though he couldn’t see her. “I’ll call you when I’m done, ok?”

         “Yeah, alright.” Gabriel agreed and they both hung up.

         Alex drove up to an abandoned building, a djinn’s favorite place to hide out. “Not very original…” Alex muttered, getting out of her camaro. She reached back into the car and pulled out her silver knife and a jar of lambs blood. She opened the jar and dunked the blade in half way. She wrinkled her nose at the smell, “Alright. Let’s go gank a djinn.” Alex chuckled at herself, the Winchesters are rubbing off on me, huh?

         She cautiously walked into the building, holding the blade out in front of her. She was a little on edge, but didn’t know why. Alex walked around almost the entire building, before she stumbled upon a girl being held up by her arms with rope, an iv in her neck that seemed to be draining her blood. The girl was unconscious, and looked filthy.

         Alex crept around old boxes and pallets, making sure the djinn wouldn’t see her. She watched as a woman covered in tattoos walked over to the hanging girl. The girl woke up slightly and started whimpering, and the tattooed woman, who Alex assumed was the djinn, quieted her. The female djinn’s hand began to glow blue, and she stroked the still whimpering girls face.

         Alex heard footsteps near her and turned around to see another djinn right behind her. He was covered in tattoos as well. Alex quickly stood and tried to attack the djinn, who dodged her attack and pinned her to a nearby wall. Alex tried to pull away, surprised at the djinn’s strength. The male djinn’s free hand began to glow and he touched Alex’s forehead.

         Alex expected pain, or a weird feeling, but none came. “I guess I’m stronger than you thought.” Alex chuckled, and used the djinn’s surprise to push him away. Alex moved to attack the djinn again, but suddenly felt extremely tired. Her vision began to blur and she heard the knife clatter to the ground. “Oh, what the hell.” Alex used the wall to support her. The male djinn came over and touched her face with his glowing hand again, poisoning her more. Dammit…

 ~

         Alex woke up and looked around. “What the…..” This looks like a dorm room….

         “Alex! Are you ready? We’re going to be late!” A redheaded girl walked out of the dorm’s bathroom. She wore black jeans and a band tee shirt. “Seriously? You’re not even dressed yet?” The girl rolled her eyes and went over to her side of the room.

         “S-Sky?!” Alex stared at her childhood friend in shock. Her friend had died when they were just kids, a drunk driver hit her.

         “What?” Sky turned around to look at Alex and laughed, “You look like you’ve seen a ghost!”

         “I-I…” Alex stood up from the bed she had been sitting on. She was at a complete loss of words.