Chapter seventeen

Chapter 17

 '“What do you mean you have to go somewhere?” Alex asked, watching Gabriel finish getting ready.

         “Just some business with the pagans, no biggie.” Gabriel shrugged.

         Alex sighed, “Okay. How long are you going to be?”

         “Not long. Day or so.”

         “What is this ‘business’ anyway?” Alex raised an eyebrow.

         “They think they’re going to be able to stop the apocalypse” Gabriel said.

         “That’s stupid.” Alex scoffed.

         “That’s why I have to go, and hopefully convince them otherwise.”

         “Yeah, Yeah. Whatever. Just please don’t get yourself killed.” Alex walked over to the archangel. “Cause if you do, I’ll bring you back and kill you myself.” She pulled Gabriel down by his coat collar and kissed him.

         Gabriel smirked, pulling away after a few moments, “I wont. I love you.”

         “Yeah, I love you too idiot.” Alex smiled, then chuckled a bit. “Watch Sam and Dean show up or something.”

         Gabriel scoffed, “Wouldn’t surprise me….Well, I’ve gotta go.”

         “Have fun.” Alex smirked and Gabriel rolled his eyes, then teleported out.

 ~

         “Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming,” The god of light, Balder, greeted. “Well, in all my centuries, I never thought I’d see this. This many gods under one roof.”

         “Gods?!” Sam hissed quietly to his brother that sat beside him.

         “Now, before we get down to brass tacks, some ground rules- No slaughtering each other. Curb your wrath.” Balder continued. “Oh, and uh, keep your hands off the local virgins, we’re trying to keep a low profile here.”

         “Oh, we are so, so, screwed…” Sam whispered.

         “Now we all know why we’re here. The judeo-christian apocalypse looms over us.” Balder spoke. “I know we’ve all had our little disagreements in the past. But the time has come to put those aside and look toward the future. Cause if we don’t, we won’t have one. Now we do have two very valuable bargaining chips.” He raised his hand and pointed to Sam and Dean, “Michael and Lucifer’s vessels….The question is, what do we do now? Anybody have any bright ideas, speak up. This is a safe room.”

         “What do we do?” One of the gods, Zao Shen, stood and spoke angrily in Mandarin. “We kill them!”

         “Oh I don’t like his tone…” Dean muttered.

         “Kill ‘em? Why?” Ganesh laughed. “So the angels can bring them back again?”

         “I don’t know what everyone’s getting so worked up about.” Odin spoke up. “This is just a bunch of angels having a slap fight, it’s no armageddon. Everybody knows when the world comes to an end, the great serpent, Jormungandr, rises up, and I myself, will be eaten by a big wolf.” He laughed.