Chapter nineteen

Chapter 19

         Dean spun Pestilence’s ring on Bobby’s desk, aimlessly. Him, Sam and Castiel had just returned from getting Pestilence’s ring, but weren't too happy about it. Alex had decided to stay with Bobby and the guys for a while, having nothing else to do.

         “Well, it’s nice to score a home run for once, ain’t it?” Bobby said as Dean tossed the ring a few inches away from him onto the desk. “What?” Bobby asked, noticing the three men’s unhappy expressions. 

         “The last thing Pestilence said. ‘It’s too late’” Sam said simply.

         “Did he get specific?” 

         “No.” Sam shook his head.

         “We’re just a little freaked out that he left a bomb somewhere. So please tell us you have actual good news.” Dean explained. 

         “Chicago’s about to be wiped off the map,” Alex sighed from where she sat on Bobby’s bed/couch. 

         “Storm of the millennium,”  Bobby continued. “Set’s off a daisy chain of natural disasters. Three million people are gonna die.” 

         “I don’t understand your definition of good news.” Castiel commented from where he stood leaning against a shelf. 

         “Well, Death, the horseman, he’s gonna be there. And if we can stop him before he kickstarts this storm, get his ring back-” Bobby explained.

         “Yeah, you make it sound so easy.” Dean said sarcastically.

         “Hell, I’m just trying to put a spin on it.”

         “Bobby, how’d you two put this all together anyway?” Sam asked.

         “We had...you know...help…” Bobby shrugged a little.

         Alex chuckled a bit, “Yeah. Help…” 

         “Don’t be so modest.” They all turned to see Crowley pouring himself a drink in the kitchen. “I barely helped at all..” He walked towards the library, “Hello boys. Pleasure, etcetera.” He leaned against the door frame.

        He smelled the drink he poured, then put it down. “Go ahead, tell them. There’s no shame in it.” 

         “Bobby? Tell us what?” Sam and Dean turned back to the man in the wheelchair. 

         “World’s gonna end, seemed stupid to get all precious over one little...soul…” Bobby grumbled.

         “You sold your soul?!” Dean asked.

         “Oh, more like pawned it. I fully intend to give it back.” Crowley corrected.

         “Then give it back!” Dean ordered.

         “I will.”

         “Now!”

         “Did you kiss him?” Sam interrupted. 

         “Sam!” 

         “Just wondering…” Everyone turned to Bobby and Alex had to keep herself from laughing. 

         “No!” Bobby defended himself. 

        Crowley cleared his throat to get their attention and they turned to see him holding up his phone with a picture of him and Bobby kissing on the screen.