Chapter eighteen

Chapter 18

         Alex scrolled down a random website on her laptop, still upset about what happened to Gabriel. She hadn't been doing much of anything, and wasn’t planning on starting anything. She still felt like she had no energy or motivation.

         Alex…

         She heard Lucifer call to her in her head and tried to push him out, Go away.

         You can’t get rid of me Alex, we’re bound.

         Yeah, I’ve realized. Thanks for reminding me.

         You’re angry…

         Great observation, Sherlock. Alex rolled her eyes and shut her laptop forcefully.

         Look, I’m sorry about what happened with Gabriel. I didn’t want to kill him. Lucifer tried to explain.

         You don’t care who you kill. You’ll do anything to get your way.

         He was my brother, of course I wouldn’t want to kill him.

         Whatever. You’re whole thing with telling people what they want to hear isn’t going to work on me.  

         Fine then. I didn’t come to apologize anyway.

         Well I figured that much, Alex interrupted.

         I want you to begin your work as the anti-christ.

         And what would that include? Alex figured it would be something like what the horsemen were doing, or trying to do, which was kill basically everyone.

         You’ll be doing things similar to what Death’s doing. Causing floods, earthquakes, and other disasters.

         I’m not going to kill millions of people for no reason.

         You’re going to do what I say wether you like it or not. Lucifer ordered, getting serious.

         No. Find some other way to throw your temper tantrum.

         Alexandra. Go, now. Lucifer really ordered her, forcing her to move.

 ~

         Alex leaned against a tree in a small park on top of a hill, trying to ignore the destruction going on around her. On top off all the things Lucifer made her make, like floods and forest fires, her emotions were causing people to die weirdly around her.

         Alex could hear people screaming and calling for help, but there was nothing she could do about it. She heard the tree snap above her and easily stepped aside as it fell, splashing into flood water. Alex sighed, “I didn’t realize it’d flood so quickly…” She looked at the small town that was completely flooded, only the roofs of houses visible.

         “This sucks.” Alex grumbled, teleporting herself to another random town. Although Lucifer ordered her to cause destruction, she was able to pick where it happened. She tried to control the damage her emotions were causing, but it wasn’t working very well. She was upset about Gabriel, and angry at Lucifer and it was hurting innocent people, making her angry at herself.

         “I wish I could just stop.” Alex muttered, sitting crossed legged on a rock, in the middle of a field.

         “I can help with that,” Alex slid of the rock and turned around to look at the pack of demons standing a few feet in front of her.